my hd-dvr died tonight

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
Froze, so I unplugged it for 30 minutes.

The 4 digit display, lights a '8' in the first digit, then all 8's, then does it over and over.

Called Comcast. At least I don't have to wait for a technician. Al I have to do is go to the service office and exchange it tomorrow.

Except I lose all my shows on it :confused: :mad:

I think those shows are already lost!

Good luck with the exchange. Our local offices don't deal with HD equipment. I tried once, they said to it was ok on the phone, but when I walked into the office with a HD box, they gave me the dumbfounded "what's HD" look. And it was all downhill from there... ugh. Oh well.

-John

philhu said:
At least I don't have to wait for a technician. Al I have to do is go to the service office and exchange it tomorrow.

A BIG REASON I have Comcast over a satellite provider!
Plus you don't have to buy the HD DVR either.

jgantert said:
I think those shows are already lost!

Good luck with the exchange. Our local offices don't deal with HD equipment. I tried once, they said to it was ok on the phone, but when I walked into the office with a HD box, they gave me the dumbfounded "what's HD" look. And it was all downhill from there... ugh. Oh well.

-John

I had the same problem trying to get a cablecard. Told on the phone, come on down! Got there, they looked at me like I had 6 eyes when I asked.

Anyway - My localoffice had them, exchange took 3 minutes!

And the new box is a different newer model! They dropped the dvi connector, and added an hdmi one, moved the smartcard slot to the back, and added a port marked SATA (For hd someday I guess), and 2 firewires! Although, based upon track record, these probably will never be activated. We never got the usb activated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts