My Hopper would only want to transfer 40% of my shows to external HD

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I'm getting ready to upgrade to the new Hopper with Sling by unloading all the recorded shows from the Hopper 1.0 to an external hard drive. But the strange thing is, the show listing stops at perhaps 40% of the shows. I can tell that's where the scroll bar stops on the right hand side and certain shows that appears on the DVR listing doesn't appear on the list of shows to be dumped to external hard drive.

I don't want to lose 60% of my recorded show as the cost to upgrade to the new sling-loaded DVR.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I assume you are in or menu+EHD (2 down and left) + Hopper+External Device 1/2/3 + Next.
(Note, that if you use ED 3 you cannot use the DVR+MyRecordings+right to access that one, only 1 or 2.)

Try changing the ordering from A-Z to DVR Date or vv.
It may help/hinder to change from Folders by Title to No Folders, which is usually worse.
(The No Folders choice is needed if there are recording of the same title to skip.)
There seems a limit to the number of tiles (perhaps 53) or perhaps the depth in a tile.

As you move them to the EHD you should be able to access more.

This is a problem with presenting only tiles, as the list-without-pictures fans will tell you.

-Ken

I know I'm beating a dead horse again, but I would be thrilled to see tiles/pictures on my EHD content. I really hope Dish fixes this soon.

I'd recommend sticking to 250 to 300, maybe 500 recording per disk, at this time.
For shorter show, this means you could get by with a smaller disk.
Figure less than 2000MB/hr for HD, 1000MB/hr for SD and 4000MB/hr, perhaps 6000 for OTA MPEG2 full channel.

So a 500MB disk may be the maximum desirable for 1/2 hour shows from Dish for a filing an EHD.
Which is more important in determining the limit, MB or number of shows, or number of titles?

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)