My Hr10-250 just received the updated 6.3a software last night :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I got home... saw nothing special... forced a call and it spent about 10 minutes downloading something (Serial PPP) so it had to be fairly large. then it loaded said pending restart and i rebooted it...30 mins later I was running on 6.3a

I just received a message this PM saying that my 6.3 update is on it's way!

I can barely contain my excitement!?!?

I presume that included with this update is 150 National HD channels!!!

jammy said:
I just received a message this PM saying that my 6.3 update is on it's way!

I can barely contain my excitement!?!?

I presume that included with this update is 150 National HD channels!!!

those HD channels wont hit the old mpeg2 ers

and for the record watchingCSI the drop-outs have already started with DD.

Got the message on both tivos. Forced phone calls on both and only the newer unit got the update. The guid does feel faster.

johnml said:
If its through the STB via satellite then why did they send the message to plug in ?

Because after the update is pushed to the stb it needs to call in so the stb can be told to load the new software. The updates are only pushed out once a day so if you force your stb to call in and doesnt show a restart pending there is no point in forcing another call that day.

Now, that was funny!!! The things that will make us happy!! :D I got the message about the update yesterday. Haven't had a chance to check if I have the new version yet. Going away for the weekend. Will the update screw up future recordings?

raymo721 said:
Whoo Hoo!! Just forced a call and got my 6.3 will be available soon msg. Whoo Hoo!! Just peed my pants!--Ray

ShadowEKU said:
well I got home... saw nothing special... forced a call and it spent about 10 minutes downloading something (Serial PPP) so it had to be fairly large. then it loaded said pending restart and i rebooted it...30 mins later I was running on 6.3a

I got the message but still no update yet. Maybe when I get home from work.

I have had the message for 3 days and still nothing , it has call out 2 time in those 3 days and there is nothing pending either. Wounder what gives?

LOBO2999 said:
I have had the message for 3 days and still nothing , it has call out 2 time in those 3 days and there is nothing pending either. Wounder what gives?

I also had this message so I did a manual restart & it loaded the new software. :D

Yesterday afternoon I got a message my upgrade had started and was to finish about 2:00 AM. I tried to force a call at that time and I got a message that said it couldn't call until the upgrade was completed. This morning it was done and I now have version 6.3.

The Program Guide just pops up now, instead of slowly writing to the screen, like it did before the upgrade.

Does anyone know what other changes are in 6.3?

I got the update to one of my hr10-250's, and yes the guide is much faster.....

Got my update last night and we are now cruising on the guide and the sort by folders option is wonderful. The Channels You Receive/Favorites got reset but updating it is easier now since the channels are shown on one long scrolling page and you press select to check/uncheck the channels you receive and thumbs up on that same channel to mark it as a favorite...no need to do separate lists...quite convenient actually.

The other tweaks (30 second skip, clear banner quickly, etc) also reset, so you will need to redo the tweaks. The 8-second replay feels a little weird, but does work...seems a little jumpier than it used to be. The FF/REW seems to go just a little bit faster, but it might be my mind playing tricks on me.

I am going to go in and force the OTA scan to see if the system has any better reception abilities with the new firmware. Will post results later...

All in all, I am very pleased. We have an SD Tivo in the bedroom and it has had the "sort by folders" upgrade for months and I have been anxiously awaiting that feature most of all. The rest is candy so I will take it.

Now about those new HD channels... :)

Last edited:
Also still waiting. Just got the message about the update on my HR10 Friday.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)