My Hr10-250 just received the updated 6.3a software last night :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VettePilot

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Garland, TX (Near Dallas)
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share the news. My Hr10-250 just received the new update last night.

The new software version is 6.3a-01-2-357.

I received the 6.3 update on 9-14-06 and the 6.3a update was loaded early this morning on 9-26-06.

VettePilot said:
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would share the news. My Hr10-250 just received the new update last night.

The new software version is 6.3a-01-2-357.

I received the 6.3 update on 9-14-06 and the 6.3a update was loaded early this morning on 9-26-06.
---------
Question: I have yet to receive either version, and I have been lead to believe
that only "hacked"(modified) units are getting 6.3a at this time..so I take it that
your Tivo is modified?

moonman said:
---------
Question: I have yet to receive either version, and I have been lead to believe
that only "hacked"(modified) units are getting 6.3a at this time..so I take it that
your Tivo is modified?

No, I do not have a hacked unit. Besides a larger hard drive, the unit is completely stock :)

I was among the first group to receive the first update (ver. 6.3) so DirecTV must be starting to send out the modified update (ver. 6.3a) as of early this morning.

VettePilot said:
No, I do not have a hacked unit. Besides a larger hard drive, the unit is completely stock :)
Well NUTZ...that takes care of my idea to hack mine just for the update!! THANKS.

me too. D* sent me a new (refurbished) HR10-250 and lo and behold still no f@#$ing update. argh!

I have a fully hacked HR10-250 and can confirm that I did not (and will not) get the update. Too bad, guess it is time to learn about slicin'

I just got a message on my 10-250 saying that 6.3 upgrade is available and I need to have a phone line connected. I forced a call and even unplugged the power for 20 sec., no new version yet. So, how & when will it upgrade?

I noticed mine was updated today here around Atlanta. no hacked unit

I just got a message on my TV saying that the update will soon be available and to make sure my unit is plugged into a phone line

asousa said:
I just got a message on my TV saying that the update will soon be available and to make sure my unit is plugged into a phone line

I got the same message last night but still no update. I imagine it will be real soon though now.

There is no reason to keep forcing calls. It will not help you get the update faster. The update is forced to the stb via the sat.

I am in Memphis and received the message this morning to be sure my DVR was plugged in that the upgrade would happen soon. I ahd a friend that got the message last week and he received the update this week so maybe mine will be coming next week. I would be interested to hear from people that has actually received the update and find out what all the update actually improved or enhanced. Isnt this update suppose to also make it an interactive reciver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts