My Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Ok, my installer finally showed up like 2.5 hours late today. The first thing he says to me is "Don't count on getting any locals". Anyway, he installs everything including the antenna (even though he didn't have a compass with him). To my surprise, as he's getting ready to leave a few of my locals start coming in. However, I'm missing a few of my locals that should be there in the guide?

Will I get those eventually? It doesn't even list my UPN, WB, or ABC stations in the guide.

At the current time, locals are listed in the guide based on your ZIP code, and has nothing to do with how well the channels are actually coming in. If there are missing local channels, contact Voom. They are supposed to add the ability to scan local channels in the next software upgrade I beleive, which I think is set for the middle of this month.

Welcome aboard!

HeavyC said:
Ok, my installer finally showed up like 2.5 hours late today. The first thing he says to me is "Don't count on getting any locals". Anyway, he installs everything including the antenna (even though he didn't have a compass with him). To my surprise, as he's getting ready to leave a few of my locals start coming in. However, I'm missing a few of my locals that should be there in the guide?

Will I get those eventually? It doesn't even list my UPN, WB, or ABC stations in the guide.

I would've said, "don't count on installing anything on my property with an attitude like that."

Are some of your channels not in the guide or are they in the guide and non-tunable?

My ABC channel is just not in the guide at all. Everything else is there. However, the big channels like NBC and CBS can't be tuned in at all. I could almost swear looking at the antenna that it's not pointed in the right direction.

Wouldn't be the first time some of those install jerks did that. Call Installs Inc. back and have them send someone else out who knows what he is doing. You may have to go to an upgraded antenna like so many others have.

I am not getting local channels at all. The CSR from Voom stated that they will have a fix in about 10 to 11 months. I am in Simi Valley outside of Los Angeles.

Davey Roa said:
I am not getting local channels at all. The CSR from Voom stated that they will have a fix in about 10 to 11 months. I am in Simi Valley outside of Los Angeles.
10 to 11 months! Oh those CSRs! Look, if you are surrounded by mountains or something and cannot possibly receive any OTA, nothing will improve in 10-11 months. In all other cases they should be able to fix it now!

First go to www.antennaweb.org and enter your street address. It will tell you what kind of digital reception you have in your location and what kind of antenna might be needed. After that, call VOOM or Installs Inc. directly and request a service call/antenna upgrade.

HeavyC said:
My ABC channel is just not in the guide at all. Everything else is there. However, the big channels like NBC and CBS can't be tuned in at all. I could almost swear looking at the antenna that it's not pointed in the right direction.
HeavyC, check www.antennaweb.org It will tell you which digital channels are available in your location and in which direction to point your antenna.

I had my V* install two days ago.. Almost exactly the same thing. 2.5 hours late (they did call to say they'd be late) and the guys said that I wouldn't get any OTA's either. He also said "I'll let you make your own decisions about V* but I'm sticking with my D*". I gave them the antennaweb report and they pointed the Channel Master at the correct heading. Wow.. all the OTA's come in perfectly.. Now if only CBS would get their DTV signal up and running in my area I'd be all set.

jwaltz666 said:
He also said "I'll let you make your own decisions about V* but I'm sticking with my D*".

He's entitled to his opinion like the rest of us, but he should have kept it to himself. If he is saying this to all the V* customers during the install, he's doing them an injustice and his name/negative comments should be forwarded to V*/Installs Inc. to stop this.

Installation yesterday VERY UPSET!!!!

I promised myself I wouldn't get screwed after becoming knowledgable through this site and thought I had everything under control. After my install I stood there like an retard staring at a Ferris Wheel. Installer hooked up diplexers when I specifically told him I didn't want that. He told me he's been doing this for years and he knows what he has to do. He left all his garbage in my yard and in my house and if that's not the best I'm missing some local channels to which he said " hey you should be lucky your getting any" Well listen if can get NBC with a pair of Rabbit Ears then I'm sure that huge propeller like Antenna I have my roof the guy installed should be able to get it. I have no Fox 5 channel excpet for the fact that 5.2 is UPN 9 to which he said that's the way it works and that Voom has no Channel 9. I have to say I'm so pissed off that I got rid of Direct Tv and I have to hear it from my 7 month pregnant wife screaming at me cause she don't have all the locals and I made a switch from better to worse. I paid $45 dollars extra and was sure I would get all locals being my Chimney is up so high and I'm only 12 miles outside NYC. Voom told me they approved the extra charge and that they were picking up the extra cost, so I guess the installer is double billing. I hooked up an Antenna of my own by just setting it up in my backyard and I got more locals than this guy did. Anyway I spoke to Installs ( David ( right after the install and they seemed to be sypathetic to my situation. David told me that I would only be able to pick up Digital Local Stations through the Voom reciever and that I should get the other locals from the Antenna by how am I suppossed to split that signal when the idiot used a Diplexer and brought down two lines instead of four which clearly it says on my install agreement that he can run up to four wires 150ft each. Haven't heard back from Installs yet to which they said they would call me back with a different Installer and come back and address the problem right away. WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY JUST DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND THEY COULD SAVE THEMSELVES A TON OF MONEY???? NO I"M NOT MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ondarocks said:
I promised myself I wouldn't get screwed after becoming knowledgable through this site and thought I had everything under control. After my install I stood there like an retard staring at a Ferris Wheel. Installer hooked up diplexers when I specifically told him I didn't want that. He told me he's been doing this for years and he knows what he has to do. He left all his garbage in my yard and in my house and if that's not the best I'm missing some local channels to which he said " hey you should be lucky your getting any" Well listen if can get NBC with a pair of Rabbit Ears then I'm sure that huge propeller like Antenna I have my roof the guy installed should be able to get it. I have no Fox 5 channel excpet for the fact that 5.2 is UPN 9 to which he said that's the way it works and that Voom has no Channel 9. I have to say I'm so pissed off that I got rid of Direct Tv and I have to hear it from my 7 month pregnant wife screaming at me cause she don't have all the locals and I made a switch from better to worse. I paid $45 dollars extra and was sure I would get all locals being my Chimney is up so high and I'm only 12 miles outside NYC. Voom told me they approved the extra charge and that they were picking up the extra cost, so I guess the installer is double billing. I hooked up an Antenna of my own by just setting it up in my backyard and I got more locals than this guy did. Anyway I spoke to Installs ( David ( right after the install and they seemed to be sypathetic to my situation. David told me that I would only be able to pick up Digital Local Stations through the Voom reciever and that I should get the other locals from the Antenna by how am I suppossed to split that signal when the idiot used a Diplexer and brought down two lines instead of four which clearly it says on my install agreement that he can run up to four wires 150ft each. Haven't heard back from Installs yet to which they said they would call me back with a different Installer and come back and address the problem right away. WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY JUST DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND THEY COULD SAVE THEMSELVES A TON OF MONEY???? NO I"M NOT MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If cost feasable, keep D*-I did-no way am I putting all my sd eggs in Vooms basket-not yet anyway-too new and too many Raid issues(bugs that is-lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts