My Install.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
GaryPen said:
-Is there supposed to be a beep tone in the setup screens of the CS5000? Even with the TV visible through the veranda doors, it would have been nice to hear when I got signal, so I wouldn't have to look down after every nudge.
no beep, sadly

-On almost every TP that I can receive, I show a quality level of 60-65%. Never lower, never higher, as far as I've noticed. Does that sound about right?
60 seems to be the minimum lock. I've had up to 85 quality

-How can I add sats to the CS5000? Some appear to be missing. I'm not referring to mis-named sats, but to slots that are missing altogether, such as 74(sbs6), 83(amc9), 89(ia8), and 127(g13).
go to dish setup and hit enter.
Scroll down to the end and select one that shows 0.0E
rename satellite and back out (saves it)

-If I RMA this CS5000, due to the remote reception prblem, can I save my settings in a file to transfer to the new unit, if they send me a different one? I know I can save channels. But, does that include all of the satellite setup info, as well?
use channelmaster...theres a thread here that is current. It will save everything

Speaking of Channel Master, I spent hours creating a custom list. But, after uploading the ndf file back to the receiver with CS Loader, it doesn't seem to have taken. Is there something I need to do in the receiver after I upload it?

EDIT: Never mind. Operator error! It saved and uploaded just fine. Unfortunately, CM doesn't save the channel numbers, which is kinda stupid. It saved all the other changes I made. But, apparently, the CS5000 needs to have a consecutively numbered channel list, starting at 1.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)