Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi Guys,
This doesn't make sense. My IPG has loaded perfectly at night for months. Then, after I installed my new VCII board, it doesn't come up.

This is strange, because I thought the IPG came in via DCII not VC????

I've adjusted G1, and have a great signal, and all my subbed G1 channels come in fine. Should I try a rehit or something?

Thanks for any thoughts/guesses you may have.
Jerry

Ipg

Hmmmm, Funny, I am pretty sure the guide comes from the digicypher side too! The digicypher lite must be on when the guide is downloading (did you go to ch 3 on G1?)...no VCII light of course.

If still no joy...definately have a rehit sent! I for one liked the guide better on the 920 then my new 922...seemed faster...wierd
Good luck
Jeff

PS: I am about to put a new VCII board in as well so your experiences will be watched carefully!
Jeff

Call your program provider and give them the serial number of the new board then ask them for a re hit.

Interesting...Is the guide back yet?

I changed out a 4DTV (920) and only had to give the new 922's unit ID to my provider...The VCII module was not involved since I have no analogue subscriptions....guess giving them the VCII number couldn't hurt, But I did not think it was necessary. When my replacement VCII module comes, I will throw a couple of analogue channels into the mix. That will be when I finally get off Netlink and go over to either Skyvision or NPS....

I bought the 922 from Skyvision (same deal as NPS) and got a $150 credit on either hardware or a package. (net price of the 922 was $399 after the credit) They are a bit high on the hardware so I have not decided what to do with the credit yet

It's my understanding that the guide is an analogue subscription that they more or less give away.

I did several online rehits last night, and saw my digital services trip counter go up by about 5...so I know the rehit took.

still no guide..with a signal of 75. I'm bummed. I'll think about it for a few more days.

Try pressing options 6-0-5 and on the right below ID if it says 0 then your guide is up and you need to renew it, if it is a 1 then there is a problem and you can try a unplug replug.

The VC board has nothing to do with the IPG you do not even need to put a VC board in the 4dtv if you do not want to.

So what do you get exactly when you hit the guide button?
Information Not Available?
Processing your request?
Something else?

Info not available. ...like it's loading...but it never does.

In the past if I left the 922 on all night, I'd just run the guide on G1 and it would load in about 20 or 30 seconds.... but now it just hangs there.

I'll try Mr. Tdti's suggestions tonight.

I didn't change my board, but all of a sudden the IPG wouldn't load on the 922 no matter what I tried. With the help of a couple guys here in the forum I did a factory default and reprogrammed every thing. As soon as I finished it came right on..

JerryK said:
Info not available. ...like it's loading...but it never does.
In the past if I left the 922 on all night, I'd just run the guide on G1 and it would load in about 20 or 30 seconds.... but now it just hangs there.
I'll try Mr. Tdti's suggestions tonight.
When I first hooked up my 922 I got the 'processing your request' and the guide came right up.

I left the dish parked on G1 (via the HTS) with the 922 sitting idle so it'd get updates. A couple days later I fire it up... no guide with that exact same error - 'Info not available'. I think the receiver pulled down the EC update and it reset me.

I called NPS this morning to move my Analog Starz sub over to the new cheaper digital package and when I did they re-authorized my box for the guide etc. They had my tune to G1-3 and when she told me to I was to push and hold the guide button for 10 seconds. I don't know what that did but as soon as I hit the guide button it popped up as 'processing your request'.

I had to go to work so I dont' know if the guide made it down. I'll check it tonight. I was able to confirm that my digital starz channels were coming in though :).

Well, I finally fixed my guide problem. I wanted to wait until my 10-day vacation began, just in case I hosed it.

Turns out the fix took just 30 tension-filled seconds.

I went to G1, tp3 and without turning it off just yanked the cord out of the socket. Plugged it back in, and when the proverbial smoke cleared my IPG loaded!

Once again thanks to everyone for your help!
---and have a Merry Christmas!

Jerry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)