MY KU LNB and diseqc switch getting burned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Guys, I have ortho C/K with bulles eye feed fixed to 10ft mesh dish with one multiswicth and one diseqc switch . I have been using this for years. But recently when I'm watching C band all signal suddenly lost. So I have replaced new KU LNB and new diseqc switch. H side of C band LNB also didnt work. So I have replaced that too. And after connecting everything it worked few minutes then all got burned again. So for testing I put new diseqc switch. All of them got burned . For test I put about 4 KU LN's all of them burned. I lost about 6 diseqc switch and 4 lnbs. what could be the reason ?

Where is the DiSEqC switch located? Where is the multi-switch located? Is the multi-switch powered or passive? Is the dish grounded? If so, where? Is the dish ground bonded to the structure ground?

Test the LNB voltage on both vertical and horizontal transponders. Check for voltage potential between coax stinger at the feedhorn and the dish ground. Voltage reading? Check for voltage potential between coax braid at the feedhorn and the dish ground. Voltage reading?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts