My Lifetime All Star Team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Born in 1960

CF Willie Mays
RF Roberto Clemente
LF Ted Williams
3B Brooks Robinson
SS Alex Rodríguez
2B Joe Morgan
1B Lou Gehrig
C Iván Rodríguez

RHP Bob Gibson
LHP Sandy Koufax

Reliever Dan Quisenberry

Last edited:
We are putting the All-Time team from our lifetime that we have lived.

If it was truly of All-Time with the Negro League included, it would be impossible.

splino, since you were born in 1960, you didn't see Lou Gehrig play first base.

Great idea. Here are the All-Stars from MY era. Born in 1968.

CF - Ken Griffey Jr.

RF - Dale Murphy

LF - Barry Bonds.

3B - Mike Schmidt.

SS - Ozzie Smith.

2B - Joe Morgan.

1B - Pete Rose.

C - Ivan Rodriguez

RHP - Greg Maddux.

LHP - Steve Carlton.

Reliever- Dennis Eckersley (Closer)

Edit: I had Valenzuela but I forgot about Steve Carlton and he was something else.

Fine and correct selction of team with perfect composition.

Okay, a little late to the party; but what the heck...

I was born in 1963...

In order of Position on the scorebook:

Pitcher:
RHP - Greg Maddux. A better pitcher than Nolan Ryan; sacrilege to some. Ryan got a lot of strikeouts but there's more to pitching than the K. A 78 pitch complete game shutout? That's < 3 pitches per hitter and almost literally unbelievable.

LHP - Steve Carlton. I was a tad too young to actually see Sandy Koufax pitch or he'd be there.

Reliever - Trevor Hoffman

C - Johnny Bench

1B - Tony Perez -- He was a solid fielding RBI machine.

2B - Ryne Sandberg; I hate Joe Morgan's arrogance with a passion ;)

SS - Derek Jeter

3B - Brooks Robinson the best glove I've ever seen at 3B and a fine clutch hitter. I'll take the D over the O at that spot; although Mike Schmidt would have been a great choice. A-Rod? Hasn't made a career of the position.

RF - Andre Dawson; a sentimental favorite of mine. A five tools player in his prime and one hell of a dramatic flourish with the bat. Unfortunately his numbers aren't comparing to some others how might have had them artificially induced. Andre` moved to Chicago about the same time I did and that summer of 1987 it was magical to watch him win an MVP award with a last place team.

CF - Jr.

LF - Bonds -- although I despise him I haven't seen a better left fielder and the one I'd put here (Ted Williams) I was obviously too young to see. Ted Williams lost 4 of his prime years to WWII (as did many others) or the numbers would have even more impressive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)