Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well here is a weird one....

on my T90 I have a few dual LNB's. One is a DMSI .5 dual...here's the thing that just started today

I hooked 2 cables up to the LNB and ran to 2 receivers (There is 2 different programs on a satellite I want to record). Both are on V polarity

I know both outputs will work with both polarities (I've had this LNB for 2 years now) but when I hook up both boxes, one will get both polarities but the other output only gets H (V shows as 0)

But if I unhook the cable from the box that works on both, then the other box can get both polarities.

I'd swap it out to see but the only problem is the DMSI LNB looks like a DirecTV LNB so the coax outputs come out from the casing at an angle and where the LNB is on the rail if I use the Sadoun LNB's that have the coax straight down I cant put the cable in (it hits a piece of the dish)

Anybody have this issue?? And no this isnt like a Primestar LNB where each output is one polarity

have you tried swapping the two cables to see if the problem follows? sounds like a bad dual lnb to me where if one side is connected the other side only works with H voltage and V voltage isn't enough to overcome whatever is bleeding over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)