My Mistake. It Only Cost Me $480:(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I'm back!
After a short time (and I mean short) with Dish. Two long weeks!
I played with a Hopper about a month ago and decided to make a switch. Not foreign to Dish as I was a sub for 4 years until 2010.
Got the install with no problems and really thought at first look the pq was equal. Then noticed video noise such as ringing. Almost as if Dish turned up the sharpness setting on my tv and fp to max. I then hooked up my HR24 with some recordings and then saw the difference. Big time!
I've got a 65" 4ktv and fp at 10 ft away. You can easily see the difference.
I did buy a cheap Seiki U-VISION 4K adaptor which I thought solved the problem on the fp. It did get rid of most of the noise. I thought everything was fine until I turned off the lights and saw how much it raised the gamma. Settings were out of wack.
I called Directv to see if they would take me back. LOL
They did. Gave me $200 prepaid Visa to help offset Dish ETF and other discounts as well for a year.
Kept my same equipment with billed lowered to around $65 month for a year. Best of all.
PICTURE QUALITY!!!!!!

Can anyone top my costly 2 week mistake?:(

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ive had both probably twice each since 2007. I figure Ill stick with Directv this time for good. Genie does everything I need, have an HR24 for backup recordings and I know PQ is good compared to many other providers.

No need to move. HWS was a nice DVR though.

I will get an HR -24 bc the mini Genie is delayed. I was not in contract with Dish and 480 bucks is painful but at least Directv gave you that gift card to help offset the costs. I've noticed a Difference in PQ and my Tv is over 5 years old. Was the Hopper a good DVR? Yes I will say this, there's features I wish The Genie had from the Hopper but no DVR is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get an HR -24 bc the mini Genie is delayed. I was not in contract with Dish and 480 bucks is painful but at least Directv gave you that gift card to help offset the costs. I've noticed a Difference in PQ and my Tv is over 5 years old. Was the Hopper a good DVR? Yes I will say this, there's features I wish The Genie had from the Hopper but no DVR is perfect.

The Hooper was awesome.
When viewing the guide and using page it wasn't as fast as HR24.
There was some lag with the Joey and Super Joey which is why I didn't upgrade to the Genie. Kept two HR24 and H24 whole home.

The Hooper was awesome.
When viewing the guide and using page it wasn't as fast as HR24.
There was some lag with the Joey and Super Joey which is why I didn't upgrade to the Genie. Kept two HR24 and H24 whole home.

HR44 is fast
faster than Hopper? Don't know,
but I doubt the Hopper wasn't as fast as HR24, HR24 is too slow to me probably because I'm spoiled with HR44.

The hr-44 and the HWS are the fastest tv boxes ive used, in that very close order.

I've noticed the picture quality is better with Directv. I know next year around this time my new customer rate will expire. The HR-44 is pretty good. You can fly through the menus. Wife misses Dish however so not sure what we will do when contract is up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts