My MSN hotmail is sending spam!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tracker1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
I noticed today that some messages that were "undeliverable" to people I didn't send mesages to?
I even got spam from one of my e-mail addy to another of mine?
Anyone have an idea what's going on?
I suspect that my password has been comprimised so I changed it for now.
Any other thoughts would be welcomed on what's going on or how to clean it up.
tracker.

Chances are that your account is NOT sending the spam but IS listed as the reply to address.

This is called address spoofing.

Not much you can do about it unfortunately, but I would change your hotmail password to be on the safe side.

I had a problem with my msn account a few weeks back, it sent some spam to everyone in my contact list including myself. it was something done remotely, not a hack on my computers. I changed passwords and probably changing providers soon. The emails actually showed up in my 'sent' folder too, so it was not address spoofing.

Sure, short for address. Like those LOL, IMO, ect...
Read that Clean Virus MSN can help but upon launching the program, I see that the original date is July 09, sorry 2009, just being funny fleetfarmer!!
It offers an update but not for free. I'm sure much has come along since then.
I did change my password(s) and will see if that helps?
There must be something that can be done? I have seen all kinds of stuff on the subject but no real solid solution.
Will search some more.
If anyone has advise or MSN settings that I may change to help, comments would be appreciated.
tracker

Kirby, mine are not showing up in my sent folder.
Last night when I saw it on one address, I noticed as well on another address this morning?
Not sure if it happened before or after I changed the password?
Since I'm on Bell, I do run their security system, Ran spyBot and Adaware today. Found a few things but not sure if it indicates towards the problem?
Changing addresses would be ok but I have so much stuff that I am keeping there for "old time sake".
tracker

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts