My NY Locals...Will I loose em...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWDYEM2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

I have been reading these forums for a long time prior to joining and have gotten some very good advice. I appreciate all your posts. You guys have been really helpful.

I have a question: About two years ago I "moved" to an area away from where my actual local HD channels couldn't be reached with an off-air antenna, so DTV gave me the local New York HD channels along with my actual locals (waiver approved). Recently, I "moved" back to an area where a waiver wouldn't be approved but I never told DTV cause I don't want to lose my New York HD's ;) . Catch my drift?

My question: I just got an offer for a free new HD DVR if I extend my contract for another two years. But, I would like the installation because I want them to install another cable from my dish for the other tuner on the IRD. My question is, if I change my address on my account to my actual address, will I lose my New York HD's? If I will lose them, I would rather buy the new HD DVR off Ebay or somewhere else. I don't want to lose my New York locals. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if when direct TV launches these new HD channels that they are advertising, will it require a new dish? What new equipment will be required. Will I have to tell them that I "moved" back?

Any advise or input would be helpful...

Last edited:
Hello,

I have been reading these forums for a long time prior to joining and have gotten some very good advice. I appreciate all your posts. You guys have been really helpful.

I have a question: About two years ago I "moved" to an area away from where my actual local HD channels couldn't be reached with an off-air antenna, so DTV gave me the local New York HD channels along with my actual locals (waiver approved). Recently, I "moved" back to an area where a waiver wouldn't be approved but I never told DTV cause I don't want to lose my New York HD's ;) . Catch my drift?

My question: I just got an offer for a free new HD DVR if I extend my contract for another two years. But, I would like the installation because I want them to install another cable from my dish for the other tuner on the IRD. My question is, if I change my address on my account to my actual address, will I lose my New York HD's? If I will lose them, I would rather buy the new HD DVR off Ebay or somewhere else. I don't want to lose my New York locals. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if when direct TV launches these new HD channels that they are advertising, will it require a new dish? What new equipment will be required. Will I have to tell them that I "moved" back?

Any advise or input would be helpful...

You have a great question, so i will answer regarding my situation, perhaps that will add clarity.....

I also couldn't receive some locals on the antenna, so received the waiver for 2 of the networks via the eastcoast feed. Last summer, I requested and received the upgrade for the AT-9 dish and the mpeg-4 receiver. I too thought I would lose my eastcoast feeds for the 2 networks. I was wrong. I am still receiving these networks and it still shows up on my account when I login into D*.

So my answer, based on my experience, is that you will continue to receive these for as long as you do not mention it to the rep. I have called in several times with issues, and the rep and not said anything to me about it even though i receive my locals in hd via the dish.....

I hope this helps answer your question

mrmageaux,

Wow. That's good news. I might call for the upgrade and change my account address back. How long did you have your address changed before you changed it back and got your upgrade? vbmenu_register("postmenu_859570", true);

My NY Locals

mrmageaux,

Wow. That's good news. I might call for the upgrade and change my account address back. How long did you have your address changed before you changed it back and got your upgrade? vbmenu_register("postmenu_859570", true);

I never changed my address and maintained the eastcoast locals....my advice is "don't ask, don't tell"

I never changed my address and maintained the eastcoast locals....my advice is "don't ask, don't tell"
Right. But, I have to change my address on my account back to a location where my locals are reachable (non approved wavier location) in order to receive my upgrade installation. When I change my account address to the new location, I am afraid they will turn my NY HD's off on me. I wont ask or say anything about them to a rep. I will just have to change my address back on my account online..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20 0x145 "superpillar" issue

5LNB Slimline Dish Pointing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)