My NY Locals...Will I loose em...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DWDYEM2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 3, 2007
Hello,

I have been reading these forums for a long time prior to joining and have gotten some very good advice. I appreciate all your posts. You guys have been really helpful.

I have a question: About two years ago I "moved" to an area away from where my actual local HD channels couldn't be reached with an off-air antenna, so DTV gave me the local New York HD channels along with my actual locals (waiver approved). Recently, I "moved" back to an area where a waiver wouldn't be approved but I never told DTV cause I don't want to lose my New York HD's ;) . Catch my drift?

My question: I just got an offer for a free new HD DVR if I extend my contract for another two years. But, I would like the installation because I want them to install another cable from my dish for the other tuner on the IRD. My question is, if I change my address on my account to my actual address, will I lose my New York HD's? If I will lose them, I would rather buy the new HD DVR off Ebay or somewhere else. I don't want to lose my New York locals. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if when direct TV launches these new HD channels that they are advertising, will it require a new dish? What new equipment will be required. Will I have to tell them that I "moved" back?

Any advise or input would be helpful...

Last edited:
Hello,

I have been reading these forums for a long time prior to joining and have gotten some very good advice. I appreciate all your posts. You guys have been really helpful.

I have a question: About two years ago I "moved" to an area away from where my actual local HD channels couldn't be reached with an off-air antenna, so DTV gave me the local New York HD channels along with my actual locals (waiver approved). Recently, I "moved" back to an area where a waiver wouldn't be approved but I never told DTV cause I don't want to lose my New York HD's ;) . Catch my drift?

My question: I just got an offer for a free new HD DVR if I extend my contract for another two years. But, I would like the installation because I want them to install another cable from my dish for the other tuner on the IRD. My question is, if I change my address on my account to my actual address, will I lose my New York HD's? If I will lose them, I would rather buy the new HD DVR off Ebay or somewhere else. I don't want to lose my New York locals. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone know if when direct TV launches these new HD channels that they are advertising, will it require a new dish? What new equipment will be required. Will I have to tell them that I "moved" back?

Any advise or input would be helpful...

You have a great question, so i will answer regarding my situation, perhaps that will add clarity.....

I also couldn't receive some locals on the antenna, so received the waiver for 2 of the networks via the eastcoast feed. Last summer, I requested and received the upgrade for the AT-9 dish and the mpeg-4 receiver. I too thought I would lose my eastcoast feeds for the 2 networks. I was wrong. I am still receiving these networks and it still shows up on my account when I login into D*.

So my answer, based on my experience, is that you will continue to receive these for as long as you do not mention it to the rep. I have called in several times with issues, and the rep and not said anything to me about it even though i receive my locals in hd via the dish.....

I hope this helps answer your question

mrmageaux,

Wow. That's good news. I might call for the upgrade and change my account address back. How long did you have your address changed before you changed it back and got your upgrade? vbmenu_register("postmenu_859570", true);

My NY Locals

mrmageaux,

Wow. That's good news. I might call for the upgrade and change my account address back. How long did you have your address changed before you changed it back and got your upgrade? vbmenu_register("postmenu_859570", true);

I never changed my address and maintained the eastcoast locals....my advice is "don't ask, don't tell"

I never changed my address and maintained the eastcoast locals....my advice is "don't ask, don't tell"
Right. But, I have to change my address on my account back to a location where my locals are reachable (non approved wavier location) in order to receive my upgrade installation. When I change my account address to the new location, I am afraid they will turn my NY HD's off on me. I wont ask or say anything about them to a rep. I will just have to change my address back on my account online..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)