Status
Please reply by conversation.

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
Some of you may know my Pansat 3500's remote quit working a couple of months ago, or so. I tried everything I could think to get it working (I thought)? The first thing I did, was change the Batteries, no good? Then I tried the Power Off button, no good? The buttons on the front of the 3500 were of no use, because I couldn't access into the Menu, because it wanted numbers for the PASSWORD...? I couldn't give it numbers because the remote wasn't working? Then I remembered the UHF Remote, I rarely use, in the bedroom. It didn't work either? I come to the conclusion, the Pansat 3500s Receiver needed to be sent in for repair....? I give this a lot of thought and after learning the Pansat 9200 HD had a software release that Enabled the PVR and now had Diseqc 1.1 Command protocals working, I decided to get it, instead of getting the 3500s fixed.... at least for now. I've now got a Pansat 9200 HD, and I'm not sorry in the least. I really like this S2 capability. Money well spent, if the PVR works (haven't gotten an Esata drive yet), it will become even more valuable.
Last night, I was reading a post by Keith Brannon in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/141019-pansat-9200hd-now-does-diseqc-1-1-a.html
about the Pansat 3500 now having an update for the Diseqc 1.1 Command protocals. That got me to thinking, it's time to send mine in for repairs. Then I thought about a possible conflict between the remotes of the different receivers. So, I went and got the 3500 out of the closet and plugged it up. Looking at the front and watching it boot up then showing a "9" for channel 9. I got the remote of the 9200 and channeled up, and it worked. Then I hooked it to a sat and a tv and get a picture and press Menu and it goes to it. I enter the Password and it enters.... Holly Cow...? Then I start trying the 2 remotes from the 3500, and nothing. Then I open the UHF remote and change it's batteries (I didn't change these before), and Booom, it works.... uhggg... Then I connect the UHF to the 9200 HD, and it doesn't work. I haven't figured that one out yet, I must be doing something wrong with the hook-up..? Then I open the infra-red remote for the 3500, and "Ohhh Nooo", I have one of the batteries in backwards........!
How Dumb can I get..... all this time and I put a battery in backwards....
Once an Idiot.... Always an Idiot...

Putting in the battery backwards and pressing a button is actually a way to reset the Pansat remote to defaults. Mine quit working and that's how I fixed it.

Battery in backwards . Pretty funny. I thought you were going to say" I noticed the DVD" light blinking " or somthing like that and realized the STB button on the remote was not active. That happens to me a lot. 4 cats and a dog, all like to push the buttons on remotes.
:)

whoops....but Al at least you didnt do what I have done
removed the battery and put it back in THE WRONG WAY AGAIN :)

Hey Al,

Read back at my beginning posts when I first got my first Pansat 3500.

Got it all hooked up and could not get the remote to work. Posted here and found out the STB button needed to be pushed. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)