My Sabbatical From "D"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blackey bob

Original poster
May 12, 2005
I posted a few weeks ago about my intentions to suspend(not terminate) my "D" service and go to cable.

My reasons were for good reasons. First of all I get the same HD package that I got from "D" plus I get the local nets in HD...cost$9.95. On the downside I lost the national feeds from Fox and CBS.

The upside, in addition to local HD, is my receiver has a built in HD DVR. I think it is only 80 Gig but the cost is only $9.95/month and there is no contract.

I have had "D" for about 10 years and have been satisfied for the most part. HD has not been a public relations coup because of derezzing and the lack of programming. ESPN is a ripoff...after all we pay for ESPN in the Basic package and then have to pay for it again in the HD Pack. If ESPN was mostly HD one could say okay. Unfortunately, ESPN has very little HD on their ballyhooed ESPNHD pack.

I have invested many hundreds of dollars in equipment over the years and have always operated without a contract with "D". This arrangement suited me okay. For the future, however, I am going to wait until "D" gets everything smoothed out and then return. Of course, by that time, there may be other players in the game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts