My Satellite is now working with the help of a good friend from this Forum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnson114

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Hello my good people I'm back with a smile on my face. This evening my Satellite motor is now working with Tue help of a good friend Gabshere. He started from where I stopped and he was able to get it to work in the rain. Please help me thank Gabshere for coming to help. And also thanx to everyone that posted comments on my recent posts.

This forum has the most knowledgable people in the world of satellite. From the professionals to the DIY'ers, i have always found these people to be the very best and polite.

Kudos to Gabshere! I would like to place his name into the hat and nominate him for 2012 SatelliteGuy of the Year!

SatelliteAV said:
Kudos to Gabshere! I would like to place his name into the hat and nominate him for 2012 SatelliteGuy of the Year!

He deserved to be awarded SatelliteGuy of the Year.

People that live close enough to each other to be able to help out is a real blessing! Unfortunately there's no one closer to me than 110 miles so they might as well be in Calif. I've got a spare 6ft dish and an old Pansat 3500 that I've tried to sell cheap to get someone else near me interested but alas, no takers to date. The idea behind that would be that I would be able to help create yet another satellite TV junkie to share what I know with! Not that I'm that good but at it but usually two heads are better than one.

But yeah, kudos to Gabshere for going that extra mile to help a fellow member get going. And as they say, the rest will be history! ;)

Excellent work to both of you!

I would like to give three cheers/kudos (at least) for Gabshere.
One for being the kind of a person who would offer to help.
One for being the kind of a person who actually does!
One for being able to actually produce positive results and make a friend very happy.
And another cheer for representing the SatelliteGuys forum with such honor!

Yes. I feel really good to be a member of this forum when I hear such stories!

RADAR (Gordy)

I also would like to offer kudos to Satellite Guys Forums folks for helping me over the years..Moribus from around the Akron area for helping me with my intital Motor setup 3 years ago..And blindowl1234 for giving me a used Openbox S9 and helping me to set it up right (Though we've not met personally as yet)..Also for Sadoun with his help and good service of my original equipment when he was based in Columbus..Lots of great help through here..Appreciated much..

Gabshere is a great guy in my opinion as well. 4 years ago he sent me 120 ft of new / unused underground ribbon cable free for the cost of postage. I had searched all over for this cable, and one local distributor would only sell me this ribbon cable if I purchased it in 500 ft length minimum quantities.

Also Gabshere's 20 Step By Step Actuator (Dish Mover) Rebuilding Instructions are top notch and should be a Sticky on this forum, it saved me from having to purchase a new one, and my rebuilt Actuator has worked well for almost 5 years now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts