My Set-up pics

Status
Please reply by conversation.

schlever

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Regina, SK
Here are some pictures of my set-up. I want to thank everyone for helping me get this going!

Yes that is snow. Its been a mild winter, and we only have about 2 feet in the backyard right now :)

Attachments

• P1140039.JPG
    P1140039.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 337
  • P1140040.JPG
    P1140040.JPG
    489.7 KB · Views: 310
  • P1140041.JPG
    P1140041.JPG
    515.9 KB · Views: 382
  • P1140042.JPG
    P1140042.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 277
  • P1140043.JPG
    P1140043.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 270
Very nice pics :)

Tron...I'm in minneapolis and my ts on a fixed is 38....45N...he's in Regina so his TS is even much lower than mine :)

Very nice pics :)

Tron...I'm in minneapolis and my ts on a fixed is 38....45N...he's in Regina so his TS is even much lower than mine :)

Mine is about 28 up here in Regina. I was a bit worried when I first set it up on the side of the house that it would be a problem, as there is a fence about 2 feet in front of it, but it hasn't proved to be at all. Since I went motorized, I'm able to see the entire arc from IA9 to G27 without any problems. The only satellite I seem to have any issue with is AMC3, and it seems that the peak of my neighbors roof is in the way there. Its still viewable, but just not as strong as the others.

Here are some pictures of my set-up. I want to thank everyone for helping me get this going!

Yes that is snow. Its been a mild winter, and we only have about 2 feet in the backyard right now :)

Looks like your dish is pointing in the wrong direction in two of those pictures. :eek:

Just kidding... had to hold my head sideways.

Looks like your dish is pointing in the wrong direction in two of those pictures. :eek:

Just kidding... had to hold my head sideways.

Yeah I'm not too software savy, I tend to stick to the hardware portion of things, and leave the software up to the wife :)

schlever
AMC3 signal drops off pretty good tyhe farther north you go. I'm at 45N and AMC3 is weaker than other satellites with the 30". The T90 dish (42x40) picks it up much better

After reading the nice compliments, I had to download all your pictures, then rotate them for a peek.
I must say . . . that is one inspirational install. ! - :up

I would never have thought to bolt right to the house/garage like that, especially so far north.
...and with such a low angle to the satellites.
A photo to your direct south, with the camera up against that wall the dish is mounted to, would really complete your collection.
No house close enough to bother your view?

About how far is the motor or top of your mounting pole, up in the air?
Looks like about chest or head height, at most.
No ladders needed here! :cool:

Fine job.

I'm spoiled in New Orleans, with 55 degree TS elevation. I was hitting my TS looking over a tall tree which was relatively close to the dish farm. I say "was", because a chain saw became intimately involved with the aforementioned tree when new growth threatened my LOS ;)

After reading the nice compliments, I had to download all your pictures, then rotate them for a peek.
I must say . . . that is one inspirational install. ! - :up

I would never have thought to bolt right to the house/garage like that, especially so far north.
...and with such a low angle to the satellites.
A photo to your direct south, with the camera up against that wall the dish is mounted to, would really complete your collection.
No house close enough to bother your view?

About how far is the motor or top of your mounting pole, up in the air?
Looks like about chest or head height, at most.
No ladders needed here! :cool:

Fine job.

I could not get the pole to be perfectly plumb, so I read about the turnbuckle solution on here and gave it a try. It works like a charm. The dish is about 5 feet off the ground at the top of it, so being 5'11" I can work on it without any climbing or bending at all.

Here are some new pics. Two are looking from the dish to the neighbors. One is of my dual LNB setup (universal and circular).

Attachments

• P1160049.JPG
    P1160049.JPG
    347 KB · Views: 170
  • P1160047.JPG
    P1160047.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 178
  • P1160045.JPG
    P1160045.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 145
  • P1160044.JPG
    P1160044.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 145
  • P1160051.JPG
    P1160051.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 161
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts