My Startrak dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Ontario
I finally installed it on the pole (by the way it is a 10' startrack mesh dish).
I got a new 36" superjack actuator and a chaparral corotor 2 from tek2000, but the corotor has screw marks like it was used before. I sent them a message with pics attached to it, but no response.
Today the website say corotor 2 is out of stock !?!?!?
I filed a dispute with paypal, but I have no expectations.
What a difference of doing business from titanium satellite and tek2000 ?
I bought an asc1 (open box) from titanium witch does not work and they sent me a replacement.
So, for now I'm waiting for the new asc1 to start the setup.

You'll get a timely response from Titanium Satellite.
Q? how did you know the ASC1 didn't work? As you've just now installed the dish.
FWIW: To tune up the dish a 12 volt battery could be used.

Thank you for the Kudos! Customer service and support is our number one focus. :)

A little background: The op indicated that he had connected the ASC1 to two different actuators with both the dish run cable and also a 6' temporary cable with motor and sensor wires and no receiver. Both East/West movement with the ASC1 resulted in a slight motor movement and an immediate error display with no counts registered. A global reset and clearing of East/West limits did not fix the problem.

Based on his additional testing with another controller moving the actuator East/West without error, we sent an advance exchange ASC1.

We had successfully tested the original open box ASC1 unit prior to shipment, so can only guess that the sensor connector has come loose or component was damaged in transit. There was no other option as long as the testing suggestions were followed as described.

Yes, we love to see pictures.

Here are few pics. It took so long because of the asc1. The 3rd unit is working fine, and I like to use this opportunity to thank Brian for his help.

Attachments

• 10'-pole.jpg
    10'-pole.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20150628_201653.jpg
    IMG_20150628_201653.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20150628_201726.jpg
    IMG_20150628_201726.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20150628_201748.jpg
    IMG_20150628_201748.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173

Its kinda like asking whats the difference between a BMW and the public bus.

In my own experience... all my emails were replied to pretty quickly.

If there was a "most respected members" list on this site... Titanium would definitely be
in the top 3.

Cheers, K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)