My thoughts three weeks after switching from E* to D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have a H/HR24 so not 100% sure on the OP's #1 or #2 issues but as far as the rain fade (using the "old style" SlimLine) even with storms of the decade here in the mid-south; my rain fade has been minimal; maybe 2 events all year and maybe 20 - 50 secs each if that. I would also ask the OP about the signal levels.

Grb,

I do not know if this is the case with your setup, but I have experienced some of the problems with my Directv equipment too. One of my DVR's is behind a dark stained glass. When the glass door is open, my DVR functions so much better than when the door is closed. It seems my remote's "beam" has trouble traveling through that darkened glass.

I switched from E* 3 months ago and I agree with just about everything said in this thread. Overall, I feel I made the right choice. Having said that, there are 3 negatives with D* that I didn't have with E*.

1. Agonizingly slow response many times with remote to HR24. Sometimes it seems like it has frozen up for several seconds.
2. Lack of sensitivity from remote to HR24. Often skips a number in a 3 number channel. When I try to hold down the channel button for an extra second to make sure it takes, the number sometimes is duplicated. New batteries didn't help.
3. I have had more rain fade in 3 months than I had in 8 years with E.

As I mentioned above, I am still glad I made the switch. However, I would be even happier if the above 3 issues would disappear...

OOPS.... Here is the post that I was replying too. Sorry, I don't quite have down the functionality of this site... ;\

KimmiKat said:
Those companies here have been referred on this mboard as E* and D* since 1965.

Since 1965? I'm fairly certain we all used rabbit ears and antennas then. Echostar wasn't founded till the late 80's....Scott may not have even been born yet little less start SatGuys!

Since 1965? I'm fairly certain we all used rabbit ears and antennas then. Echostar wasn't founded till the late 80's....Scott may not have even been born yet little less start SatGuys!

None the less, they have been refereed this way since thier beginning.

Dish Network officially began operations in March 1996 as a service of EchoStar.

On June 17, 1994, the USSB and DirecTV programming services were launched.

Oh I agree with you. I'm just not drinking the purple kool aid on 1965.

I would think they meant 1994-5, not 65.

D* started around then, but I don't know for sure when E 's dish service actually started.

I think it was meant to be a joke..

I have now been with D* for one month.....more than extremely pleased with the service. The channel lineup is outstanding.....the price is much better than Dish...and the picture quality makes Dish seem utterly primitive. I am very pleased with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)