my tv says "not supported" on y pb pr input

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
on an earlier post my akai tv power supply gave up. so i have a 27" olevia lcd tv.
I connected my componet video and audio cables that lead from a componet video distribution amplifier that my pansat 9200 feeds. I run 4 tv's off the pansat's componet y pb pr Left and right outputs.

Now the olevia says "not supported"...so i switch it over to my dvd recorder which takes composite video in and up converts it to componet (y pb pr) out.... tv recognizes that fine. displays a clean and nice picture from the 4dtv.

it won't display the pansat and says "not supported" but will ocassionally blink the video and then turns to a blue screen.

why is it doing that? my other tv's don't do it connected to the pansat in this manner.

Figured it out....The olevia does not support 1080 resolution...I used the "mode" button on the pansat and set it to 720p and the tv displays the picture now.

Oh I just reacted on your post I didn't even see that's an older post.
I'm in Pda mode so I can't see what country you're in but youre speaking of Akai and Olevia hmmm strange brands.
Are you in South America or something?
Where is Akai and Olevia from?
Because I'm looking for an alternative to not buy japanese things anymore their quality has gone really crappy.
I'm even thinking of buying a 240volt to 120 volt transformer and import all my stuff from europe.
I have people in the Netherlands that can hook me up with Grundig and brands like that.

I live in the USA. I have a grundig radio. Grundig has some awesome stuff. The Olevia tv is made by Syntax electronics. It's old 7 years or so. Came from radioshack.com

my akai I purchased from a furniture store several years ago. On the Internet forums they are plagued with problems.

You have a Grundig Radio?
What kind of Radio is it?
I had a YB 400 it was a shortwave radio but a really good shortwave radio it was all digital you could punch in any frequency and it would tune and it also had an Alarm clock.
But when I went to live in the Neth.Antilles I moved and the guys from the company that I used to Haul my stuff stole it I knew it was them because I put it in the Box and the box went on a truck and when it came the radio was misssing.
I remembered I ordered this radio it was advertised in Satelitte Orbit magazine that was like a tv guide for C banders that existed in the '90s
Boy I would kill to get a radio like that but I don't think that shortwave radio stations exists anymore maybe they all have gone digital like on satelitte or something and problably nobody uses it anymore.
But back in the day it could pick up radio stations as far as China and other countries way on the other side of the earth.

i am not sure what model it is. i think its in the attic somewhere. it does shortwave and i think it is digital. been a while since i have seen it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)