My Voom installation goig on right now

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
My Voom installation going on right now

got the satellite bracketed. Opened up the OTA box and there is no OTA mount :shocked

going to look on his truck now for one.

Any last words of advice?

Mine didn't come with the mounting bracket either, I had to disassemble the antenna and Mickey Mouse it with a U-clamp then I clamped it to my main antenna mast. I used the Stealth for my PC capture card.

Well the installation went pretty well. I wasn't totally blown away by the clarity but I could tell it was cool.

Bad news on the OTA front. I can only pick up two local channels and one is Pax. Is there anyway to fool with the antenna? When he first hooked it up I had NBC but not now. I am jsut keeping my local channels on cable I guess but it cost 20 damn dollars.

Another question, I tried to use Native Resolution(where each source comes in its original form) and the standard channels have a weird horizontal blur and the top and/or the bottom. So, I have been using the everything 1080i setting. No complaints, but that damn dish sure is funny looking with the useless antenna on top of it. :)

Oh yes, any one know why that HDnews channel has the bottom cut off on my TV? I can't see the bottom line of the newsticker. Also some channels look like the Corners are screwed with a little(like the Sports HD channel with the soccer on all of the time.)

Sounds like your TV has too much overscan. I see the whole picture on HDN where many people see the bug cut off.

Regarding OTA, make sure he installed the antenna to the proper orientation. The antenna should be pointing with "OPEN" arms toward the antenna.

DBENE said:
Well the installation went pretty well. I wasn't totally blown away by the clarity but I could tell it was cool.

Bad news on the OTA front. I can only pick up two local channels and one is Pax. Is there anyway to fool with the antenna? When he first hooked it up I had NBC but not now. I am jsut keeping my local channels on cable I guess but it cost 20 damn dollars.

Another question, I tried to use Native Resolution(where each source comes in its original form) and the standard channels have a weird horizontal blur and the top and/or the bottom. So, I have been using the everything 1080i setting. No complaints, but that damn dish sure is funny looking with the useless antenna on top of it. :)

Oh yes, any one know why that HDnews channel has the bottom cut off on my TV? I can't see the bottom line of the newsticker. Also some channels look like the Corners are screwed with a little(like the Sports HD channel with the soccer on all of the time.)

Go to www.antennaweb.org to see where your antenna should be pointed to pick up the locals in your area. Maybe the installer pointed it in the wrong direction.

As for the stuff getting cut off, there are other threads here detailing that others (including me) are seeing the same thing.

So, if I move around the antenna it is possible to pick up other stations?

I thought I read on here earlier where you guys were saying that once the stations are locked in that there is no way to pick up any more of them.

Also, is there anyway to delete channels that you don't have subscription for from the list?

DBENE said:

I thought I read on here earlier where you guys were saying that once the stations are locked in that there is no way to pick up any more of them.

Also, is there anyway to delete channels that you don't have subscription for from the list?

Yes. It is possible to get some other channels that are in other directions but it is best if you check www.antennaweb.org to see if there are any more digital channels available. Remember that currently does channels need to be mapped to your PG before you can get a signal. Create a Favorite List and only add the ones that you want.

DarrellP said:
Mine didn't come with the mounting bracket either, I had to disassemble the antenna and Mickey Mouse it with a U-clamp then I clamped it to my main antenna mast. I used the Stealth for my PC capture card.

well I meant the OTA pole. It didnt' even have that pipe that comes out of the dish for the OTA. He got one out of another Stealth Antenna box.

It's weird now HDnews and WorldSport both fit into my TV screen very well. Yesterday logos and newsbars were off the screen.

When you guys talk about signal strength are you talking about the VOOM scree that shows you or are you guys measuring it was some kind of separate device?

I have a 96 on the VOOM station.

DBENE said:
When you guys talk about signal strength are you talking about the VOOM scree that shows you or are you guys measuring it was some kind of separate device?

I have a 96 on the VOOM station.

This is an old picture of it. The new software has more information. You need to tune to a satellite channel.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=172

DBENE said:

moving an omni directional stealth around is not gonna do much for you if you need a directional antenna.

Actually I rotated it and picked up 4 ore channels but they tend to cut out a lot. I need some kind of signal booster.

Another question, I tried to use Native Resolution(where each source comes in its original form) and the standard channels have a weird horizontal blur and the top and/or the bottom. So, I have been using the everything 1080i setting

Does anyone know why this happens on the native resolution setting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts