My VOOM is sucking today. I just got it 2 days ago.

Whiteice

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Hey all,

Well once I got my VOOM installed on Tuesday I started watching it and enjoying it no problem. Last night / this morning it has gotten windy and I cant even watch anything on VOOM because of how much it is cutting out. This is just frustrating as hell. I imagine now that any time it is windy in my area, im gonna have these same exact problems. This just sucks.

Whiteice

If wind is causing you to loose signal then verify that the dish is securly mounted. If its not then when the wind picks up the dish will start moving, consequently loosing the signal. The other possibility is that trees are swaying into your line of site.

Yeah it is fully mounted to the roofing. I do think its the trees, but the installer told me I should not have any problems until the trees grow taller.

Whiteice

Whiteice said:
Yeah it is fully mounted to the roofing. I do think its the trees, but the installer told me I should not have any problems until the trees grow taller.

Whiteice

So are there branches between your Dish and the signal? If so, you will need to trim the branches. Tune any satellite hd channel and go to the system settings and find out what's your satellite signal quality?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts