My wish list Cband or 9200hd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh well I emailed the lady on the big dish she had, and told her I'd have to pass it up....not worth all the effort involved. I originally told the wife my three dishes would become one...well good intentions anyway. I'm getting everything on KU except 74W and 79W on the motorized 30". The other two are for 74/79....can't seem to get 72w because on neighbors trees I guess...3 dishes and someday c band planted on my 1 acre here somewhere. Blind:)

Toucan-man, Yeah a nice 6ft mesh dish would be about all I'm looking for anyway for now. I'd love to find one reasonable....I wouldn't even mind driving a 100-150 miles to get one....a nice used one, thanks! Blind

What specifically is it that people don't like about the 9200HD?

I like my 9200. The blind scan is important to me. It works good. It's a PIA to blind scan with an SD receiver then, have to transfer the numbers over to another box when an HD feed scans in. HD is all I really like to watch anymore. SD looks terrible on a good HD set. The cost is certainly a valid point. You can grab a coolsat cheaper. If blind scan isn't important, then by all means save some bucks and go with a coolsat.

I'm sure a few of us could sit down with some engineers and come up with a receiver out of this world. Too bad they won't ever happen. I still think if somebody would just add 4:2:2 chroma support to their modern box with S2 it would sell like crazy

Boomer, I agree if we flooded some company with letters, say all in the same week maybe some manufacturer would think maybe there is a market for an all in one Hd receiver. Guess we're stuck with what we have for now. Blind

Boomer, I agree if we flooded some company with letters, say all in the same week maybe some manufacturer would think maybe there is a market for an all in one HD receiver. Guess we're stuck with what we have for now. Blind

Are most of the broadcast standards we are likely to encounter (any time soon) now set in stone? I wonder what Sadoun and Glorystar have up their sleeves in the way of an HD receiver.

Toucan-man, Yeah a nice 6ft mesh dish would be about all I'm looking for anyway for now. I'd love to find one reasonable....I wouldn't even mind driving a 100-150 miles to get one....a nice used one, thanks! Blind
I found a 10' mesh on craigslist. It was in great shape and had a polar mount so I paid the asking price of $75. Then I had to rent a jack-hammer to get the pole out.

Many here would say that the guy should have paid me to take it out. But the dish owner was unemployed and I didn't mind the minimal cost.

The real cost was after I got it home -- $400 total for a new C/KU LNB, new motor, and a GBox V3000 positioner.

Since I have gotten the BUD, I have spotted 2 others within 1/4 mile of my house! I'm sure at least one of the owner's would pay to have it removed.

Also, I would avoid the Viewsat Max HD. Despite the claims in the User Manual, blind scan does not work and DVB-S2 requires an optional card. Also, it has no fan and no ATSC (OTA) tuner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)