Mythtv + Skystar 2 : device?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
In setting up mythtv with this card I have verified that the system sees my card as a flexcop item, modules seem to be loaded, lspci shows Technisat Skyustar 2 ok. Yast sees the card and tells me a bit about it but is not very helpful.

In mythtv-setup I am trying to identify the card to mythtv. I guess the type of card is MPEG but the system is not autodetecting my card and making things easy for me. What should I be typing in the device box for this card? (I'm running SuSe 10.1).

Card works fine with Technisat software in win XP Pro.

In Suse, the issue appears to be that I am not offered the capture card class "DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)" mentioned in other setup howto documents, which denies me the relevant setup parameters. Must be something missing in the way Suse sets up the card.

The answer to my question is in the ./configure stage which explicitly needs the dvb parameters defined. Unfortunately this just led to more problems when an essential component would not compile since it could not find a very common header glib.h which very clearly exists on my system.

I can see why it is preferable to go the dedicated box route with Knoppmyth or similar, however I need this box to remain a general purpose machine for other telecommunications testing, so this is as far as I am taking this little experiment.

On the positive side I did get the Skystar2 working in SuSe with Kaffeine. NYN2 (AMC-5) came in as clear as a bell showing me that as far as the kernel was concerned all the pieces were in place. However I could get no other channels from Hispasat or AMC-3 despite quite a bit of tweaking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)