n00b question here, dish alignment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
i have had dishnetwork for 3 years now and have never had to re-align my dishes at any point. it seems like i lose signal a little easier now when storms roll in. could this be due to the fact that the dishes may not be pointed/aligned as well as they should be? is there a way for me to check signal strength?

thanks folks.

yep go to menu then installation then point dish (or on your remote after you hit menu press 6, then 1, then 1 again)

i have had dishnetwork for 3 years now and have never had to re-align my dishes at any point. it seems like i lose signal a little easier now when storms roll in. could this be due to the fact that the dishes may not be pointed/aligned as well as they should be? is there a way for me to check signal strength?

thanks folks.

Have any trees grown enough to start to block your line of sight to the satellite?

so my dish will point itself? i thought i had to got onto the roof and do it manually?

no tree/obstruction issues.

the reason to do the menu 6-1-1 is to see what your signal strengths are for each transponder. You can scroll through the transponder and satellite list and check. They should be in the 60's or higher. If they're low (30's or low 40's) then the dish needs to be peaked.

no

peaked means slight movements of the dish to optimize signal. You can do it yourself. Again this depends on what your signal numbers are right now

ill snag the numbers once i get home tonight and see what you guys think

thanks for the help so far

the reason to do the menu 6-1-1 is to see what your signal strengths are for each transponder. You can scroll through the transponder and satellite list and check. They should be in the 60's or higher. If they're low (30's or low 40's) then the dish needs to be peaked.

Ice, on my 1000.4 system I get readings around 50 on most tp's on the 61.5° satellite but at 72.7° it is 35 to 40 on almost everything. 15 to 25 at 77° but I don't think I am looking at anything there.

Regardless of these poor numbers, the system works okay. Do you think I could stand a peaking?

You could try. I dont know the exact numbers for Eastern Arc but I thought the signals should be in the upper 50's for signal

77W probably doesnt have anything that you need. There are some HD locals on there

Ice, on my 1000.4 system I get readings around 50 on most tp's on the 61.5° satellite but at 72.7° it is 35 to 40 on almost everything. 15 to 25 at 77° but I don't think I am looking at anything there.

Regardless of these poor numbers, the system works okay. Do you think I could stand a peaking?

No with a 1000.4 system it uses diffrent sat because you can't recive the normal sat's with those numbers on those sats your fine. The reason that they are so low is becuse they are harder to get alligned to.

um no you're wrong....from what I've read the signal on 61.5 & 72 should be in the 50's

Eastern Arc is probably easier to align on the east coast as the sats are higher in the sky :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)