Name a channel/channels you want DirecTV to add...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
#1 is CW HD for the ND market even if it's the DC50 at least add the HD feed. Then AHC, Outer Max & Encore Drama.

I want every channel that has a high definition feed but is being carried just in standard definition to get added in HD. I no longer want to find myself catching an interesting program or a movie from a programmer, who has a HD feed, in only SD. I know there is no provider whose lineup is fully satisfied with applicable HD. But, this is my answer to this thread’s question. So, I support this actually happening; whenever it will. (I hope that it doesn’t take too many more years.)

I want every channel that has a high definition feed but is being carried just in standard definition to get added in HD. I no longer want to find myself catching an interesting program or a movie from a programmer, who has a HD feed, in only SD. I know there is no provider whose lineup is fully satisfied with applicable HD. But, this is my answer to this thread’s question. So, I support this actually happening; whenever it will. (I hope that it doesn’t take too many more years.)
So does all existing footage get stretched ?
Are these channels to throw away all programming not HD or before HD ?
or are these channels suppose to pay to have all their programming to HD ?

Just asking ....

Reactions: whitewolf8214
So does all existing footage get stretched ?
Are these channels to throw away all programming not HD or before HD ?
or are these channels suppose to pay to have all their programming to HD ?

Just asking ....

I mentioned that all the programmers that actually have an available feed in high definition, but are only being carried in standard definition, are what I want added in HD on DirecTV [AT&T ownership].

If you don’t want this as well…you can explain why that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military History Channel.

(Epix is included for free in Netflix and Amazon Prime service.)

Military History is on AT&T U-verse in standard definition; so, perhaps, it’s on the way to DirecTV.

I don’t believe you are accurate with Epix. I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime—but I didn’t notice either of them offering Epix let alone offering it for free. (The streaming device Roku, which I have, has Epix.) Epix is under the Viacom distributorship, correct, as was the case in 2012—when Viacom and DirecTV had a contractual dispute (which left DirecTV subscribers with a blackout of the Viacom programming brands). Wasn't Viacom wanting DirecTV to sign up for and add Epix?

I mentioned that all the programmers that actually have an available feed in high definition, but are only being carried in standard definition, are what I want added in HD on DirecTV [AT&T ownership].

If you don’t want this as well…you can explain why that is.

No, I'm for all HD on a channel, but I am also a realist, I understand that not all programming all the time will be in HD.

Military History is on AT&T U-verse in standard definition; so, perhaps, it’s on the way to DirecTV.

I don’t believe you are accurate with Epix. I have both Netflix and Amazon Prime—but I didn’t notice either of them offering Epix let alone offering it for free. (The streaming device Roku, which I have, has Epix.) Epix is under the Viacom distributorship, correct, as was the case in 2012—when Viacom and DirecTV had a contractual dispute (which left DirecTV subscribers with a blackout of the Viacom programming brands). Wasn't Viacom wanting DirecTV to sign up for and add Epix?

What movies are on Epix that aren't on Amazon Prime? Unless they are less than 6 months old, they appear on AP. I just read that Netflix cancelled their deal with Epix effective next month so that is indeed going away.

My only concern is that if they have every channel that's available in HD in HD, will they go HD-lite?

I would like to see EPIXDVN - Epix Drive-In. Time Warner used to have this, it was part of a the EPIX group of pay channels. They had it on for free one Saturday, before I came to DirecTV, and it was fun.

Also I would like to see OAN - One America News Network. This is a new up-and-coming channel that is seeing some growth on cable. I have read that DirecTV wants to hear from people to gauge interest before they add it to their lineup. Many just don't know about it yet. If you are interested and want to see OAN added, call DirecTV and tell them you are interested. (I see it is already on ATT UVerse, so this may be in the works or somewhere down the line already)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)