Name that Beer in honor of D10 and Directv's new HD channels!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Name that Beer!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its only 5 gallons. 6 packs to all will go very fast. Also expensive to ship the weight. One winner unless someone wants pay just the shipping!

sidecar porter, for those with AT9's.

B-Band porter?

Big Stream porter?

Oh, and you're bringing this to the Temple game, right? :D

sidecar porter, for those with AT9's.

B-Band porter?

Big Stream porter?

Oh, and you're bringing this to the Temple game, right? :D

:D How did you know? Now you need to stop by my tail gate. Liquid gold eh... black gold baby. Looking good. Fermentation is slowing down so hopefully early next week keg it. :up

I am brewing a batch of Porter this afternoon (actually waiting for water to boil right now).

What The Hell Is A Porter? - Beer Advocate

It will take a few weeks to ferment but should be ready in time for the lighting of D10 or at least for the celebration of the NFL Sunday Ticket.

So in honor of D10 and all the new HD channels, would anyone like a shot at naming the beer? Nothing serious just for kicks.
Hi Brewer,
I'm a Beer Advocate subscriber and supporter, too. Also love "good" beer!
How about VOD Porter since VOD has created such a BrewHaHa!
[edit] Maybe even VODoo Porter.

Last edited:
Man that's going to be good. I need to get back into making beer. I really do miss botteling day and seeing the whole table filled up with beer. I like tour setup and will have to do some research. As for a name...how about

Brewer's Summer Black Porter

Ok folks. I transfered the beer to the corny keg. I put some corn sugar to get some natural carbination. I will put it in the fridge and CO2 it on Monday. I drank some tonight and its not too shabby. A bit browner then I wanted but then I was using up some left over components. Its got a hint of the bitter black patent bite but also a very deep caramel chocolate.

The final gavity ended up being 1.020 so 1.052 starting minus 1.020 = 0.032 x 105 = 3.36%. Pretty typical of a basic Porter.

Here are some pics. My daughter wanted to pose with the beer. She's a ham.

Attachments

• IMG_3735.JPG
    IMG_3735.JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3736.JPG
    IMG_3736.JPG
    493.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3737.JPG
    IMG_3737.JPG
    497.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3738.JPG
    IMG_3738.JPG
    462.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3740.JPG
    IMG_3740.JPG
    431.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 113
Be sure to toast Michael Jackson's life. He died this past Thursday and I just found out about it. Wonderful writer who wrote as much about life as he did about spirits.
RIP, Michael

Be sure to toast Michael Jackson's life. He died this past Thursday and I just found out about it. Wonderful writer who wrote as much about life as he did about spirits.
RIP, Michael

Oh man. My idol. Sorry to hear. He was the reason why I got into craft brews and home brewing. He will be missed.

Oh man. My idol. Sorry to hear. He was the reason why I got into craft brews and home brewing. He will be missed.
Mine, too. I actually got to meet him at a tasting seminar at the State College Brew Expo. Got him to sign my "The Beer Hunter" CD and he seemed impressed that I had the original version. BTW I read his last article on beer writer Lew Bryson's site. He revealed that he had had a slight heart attack and Parkinson's was discovered. He wanted all beer and whisky drinkers to know that his drinking had nothing to do with his disease. When you get a chance take a look at Lew Bryson's Site of Malt Beverage Delight. Lew's quite a writer himself.

I am drinking the brew right now. I corn sugared the concoction over the past 2 days in the keg for some natural carbonation and today I put it into the fridge and CO2'd it. Its quite lovely. Since I put together some left over ingredients, it turned out as I feared and why I stopped using Williams Brewing kits. It is not a porter. Its too brown. I did add dark malt to it but it just doesnt have the that black patent flavor or color. It tastes like a frothy, a bit maltier Newcastle. So after much deliberation, this batch is officially a brown ale. So adjust the names if needed. I will dig through the posts and put a poll later this week. Winner gets a few flip top home brewed fresh brown ales in honor of D10 and a special thank you to Michael Jackson (not the singer).

OK, how about: SatGuy Brown Ale or VOD Guy Brown Ale.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)