Name that Beer in honor of D10 and Directv's new HD channels!

Name that Beer!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's the summary. I had to modify some to go with brown since its not really a Porter. I gotta wrap this up or the beer will be gone.

Home Draft
D10 HD Brown
Hi Def Brown
E* Shoot Down Brown
102.8 Brown
Deathstar Dark
Lovibon-D10
Cool Uplink Ale
Diez Profundo
PQ Brown
101 Options Brown
Satel Lite
Sidecar Brown
B-Band Brown
Big Stream Brown
VODoo Brown
Brewer's Summer Brown
Sat Guy Dark
Cutty Dark
SatGuy Brown Ale
VOD Guy Brown Ale

Sorry had to make some Brown versus Porter. Any other ideas before I cast to a poll? Winner gets free beer.

BTW, brewed a Farmhouse Ale today. Also known as Saison. Brewed with brown sugar and pureed Grapes. Looks yummy.

Last edited:
Kinda out there, but how about Brown Eye Moon, as in what D* will be doing to E* soon ;) Of course that could go really bad if someone mistakes the label :D

Here are the ones I like and we can pick from the top 10

Deathstar Brown
VOD Guy Brown Ale
Cool Uplink Ale
SatGuy Brown Ale
Brown Eye Moon
D10 HD Brown
VODoo Brown
Hi Def Brown
Sat Guy Dark
B-Band Brown

I am drinking the brew right now. I corn sugared the concoction over the past 2 days in the keg for some natural carbonation and today I put it into the fridge and CO2'd it. Its quite lovely. Since I put together some left over ingredients, it turned out as I feared and why I stopped using Williams Brewing kits. It is not a porter. Its too brown. I did add dark malt to it but it just doesnt have the that black patent flavor or color. It tastes like a frothy, a bit maltier Newcastle. So after much deliberation, this batch is officially a brown ale. So adjust the names if needed. I will dig through the posts and put a poll later this week. Winner gets a few flip top home brewed fresh brown ales in honor of D10 and a special thank you to Michael Jackson (not the singer).

Browns are great too! My third favorite. Porters are first, and stouts are second. I voted for B-Band Brown. I like the B's!

We got a 3 way tie between Deathstar Dark, D10 HD Brown and B-Band Brown. Next vote tips the scale and I close the poll, name the beer, pack it and ship it to the one that named it, and launch some HD on Directv!!

Ok. We had a 3 way tie. I am going to pick B-Band Brown so Hancox is the winner. And since he lives in CT, I am going to bring the beer to you at the next Uconn game. Congrats and thanks for joining in the fun. Here's to some HD!

I like B-Band Brown! Technically, since it's a Brown Ale it should have Brown in it's name.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)