NASA @ 87W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like I'll be doing a re-point of PortaBUD whenever this rainy mess clears up. I had expected 83W to go live soon after the first of the year, I didn't really expect them to suddenly switch without any overlap time (i.e., both satellites being active to allow time for people to re-aim their dishes)...

I think you mean 87W ;)

Looks like all 4 transponders are up this morning. Still only one channel on the big 4000 mux though.

you may need a rescan. I had my first look at the AMC-3 x15 mux early sun morning at about 1am ET and had all 4 channels. Only HD ch 105 was missing (as expected for this point in time).

Originally Posted by B.J.
Looks like all 4 transponders are up this morning. Still only one channel on the big 4000 mux though.

you may need a rescan. I had my first look at the AMC-3 x15 mux early sun morning at about 1am ET and had all 4 channels. Only HD ch 105 was missing (as expected for this point in time).

No, no scan is involved, I'm looking at the mux with TSREADER, and there was only one channel there. No SDT, no NIT, just the PAT,PMT and one channel.
When the mux first came up Saturday, there WERE 4 channels there, then it went away and came back and went away and came back, and there was only the one channel late Saturday afternoon. Then on Sunday morning I checked, and still only one channel. They must have put the other channels back in yesterday afternoon.
I just checked now, and there are 4 channels again (one encrypted) like it should be. Now the mux is complete again with SDT and NIT streams too.
Saturday, those signals were going up and down. I was listening to the SR signal from the 2 4.2.2 signals on my shortwave, and they were kicking on and off, on, off, so I eventually just decided to wait until they were settled down.
I thought that I had lost a couple of those this morning, but then I realized that there was a fresh 6" of snow on the dish, so I think that's why.
Anyway, hopefully they have it all set now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts