NASA Galaxy 13

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Boo24

Original poster
May 8, 2017
What is needed to pickup NASA on Galaxy 13? I was receiving NASA SD feed using Traxis 3500 & BUD dish. Haven't been able to pickup NASA on the Galaxy13 feed.

What is needed to pickup NASA on Galaxy 13? I was receiving NASA SD feed using Traxis 3500 & BUD dish. Haven't been able to pickup NASA on the Galaxy13 feed.

Well it's funny, I just posted a about having a problem getting them. I have been getting NASA-HD for quite some time. Recently they have moved from 105W to 127W. I scanned in the new location and went about my way, still receiving them at about 70% SQ. BUT, as of lately I am having signal issues with NASA TV and has dropped below 50% which is not enough to properly tune it.

So to answer your original question:

A Six foot prime focus dish and WSI LNBf with a GeoSAT Pro MicroHD receiver is all I have ever needed to receive NASA-HD Public and Media channels, Edu is no more. I have even received the UHD channel and streamed it to a Roku 4 using a PC and DVB-s2 tuner card, find that project here > http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/new-nasa-uhd-channel.353046/

Now as of lately I cant even watch it anymore, I thought it was my neighbors tree but I don't think so. So the moral of the story is, If you are trying to scan in NASA right NOW, don't bother it's got major problems for me. But if you have a bigger dish then I have you might be able to have some pretty good luck.

Reactions: MosFET77
Galaxy 13 is a weird satellite, I have more trouble with the services on it (as far as being perfect one day and completely gone another) but as I write this I am receiving NASA, but Tvheadend reports signal quality of 80% but SNR jumps all over the place, though for the most part it stays at 40% which is really low (not that I consider TVheadend's display of these figures as entirely accurate). However the picture seems solid, and that's with a 7½' dish. Whether it will still be there tomorrow is anyone's guess.

Galaxy 13 is a weird satellite, I have more trouble with the services on it (as far as being perfect one day and completely gone another) but as I write this I am receiving NASA, but Tvheadend reports signal quality of 80% but SNR jumps all over the place, though for the most part it stays at 40% which is really low (not that I consider TVheadend's display of these figures as entirely accurate). However the picture seems solid, and that's with a 7½' dish. Whether it will still be there tomorrow is anyone's guess.

This is troublesome, I have always had really good luck at both locations that NASA has been at 105 and 127 but Now I cant even get a picture to stabilize and no audio at all. Nothing has changed on my end and everything else is pretty good.

Do you think the extra 1½ feet are making the difference and allowing you to tune it in? I'm pretty bummed out about this.

The only C-band dish I have that currently has line of sight to 127W is the 7½ft Unimesh I got from user dl76 here. It has two slightly damaged panels and has a Titanium C2W-PLL feeding a powered 4x8 multiswitch. Even with the damaged panels I get NASA with a quality of 72 on the A3s and the Alien2. I think the quality I was getting on the 6ft dish when I was using it for 127W was around 60.

NASA1.jpg

NASA2.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)