NASA: STS-130 Launch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Launch Preparations Remain on Schedule

Sat, 06 Feb 2010 08:55:51 AM CST

Preparations for space shuttle Endeavour's launch remain on schedule. The rotating service structure was rolled away from Endeavour this morning, completing the move at 8:39 a.m. EST.

Weather remains forecast 80 percent "go" for Sunday's 4:39 a.m. launch.

Countdown coverage on NASA TV and NASA's Launch Blog begins at 11:30 p.m. tonight.

NASA - Space Shuttle

Low clouds unexpectedly moved in and forced a scrub for at least 24 hours...

Now to reset for the Superbowl... What a busy TV weekend...

C/P from Nasa.gov
Mission managers gave the “go” for filling space shuttle Endeavour's external fuel tank, which began at 6:50 p.m. EST. The process should take approximately three hours. There is a 60 percent chance of favorable weather for tomorrow's launch time at 4:14 a.m. EST.

STS-130, space shuttle Endeavour and its crew launched this morning at 3:14 a.m. Central, and is safely in orbit and in the sleep shift. Good Luck and Godspeed, Endeavour!

I didn't watch it on TV, but I stepped outside and got to see it go up. Kept a visual on it for about ten minutes before it finally went below the horizon. I'm about 200 miles from the launch site so it's not as spectacular as being there but still an interesting site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts