Nascar 2009

What's your point?

If you were paying attention during the past week you might have learned that the 88 was running essentially the same set up as the 24 and 48 only minor differences.

Did the driver of the 88 just not know what he was doing on the track and that's why his car handled the way it did?

I see Jimbo beat me to my point
Getting the facts straight is somrthing you should look at when discussing hendrickmotorsports with me? It is my opinion you and jimbo have know *ucking clue what you are talking about!!! All hendrick teams share notes and work together, so maybe Dale jrs driving ability should come into question. Never will be the driver that his dad was.

Getting the facts straight is somrthing you should look at when discussing hendrickmotorsports with me? It is my opinion you and jimbo have know *ucking clue what you are talking about!!! All hendrick teams share notes and work together, so maybe Dale jrs driving ability should come into question. Never will be the driver that his dad was.
NOT 100% true! , Yes they work together and share notes, But they all have their own crew's, crew cheifs and sponcers. I agree Dale JR driving is in part to blame, But his Crew Cheif is too. He didn't do sh*t DEI , and still nothing with Hendrick motor sports, I think the crew chief needs to go for sure.

NOT 100% true! , Yes they work together and share notes, But they all have their own crew's, crew cheifs and sponcers. I agree Dale JR driving is in part to blame, But his Crew Cheif is too. He didn't do sh*t DEI , and still nothing with Hendrick motor sports, I think the crew chief needs to go for sure.
I am going to tell you from a High school buddy that works at Hendrickmotorsports that they all share info. That"s the fact jack

I am going to tell you from a High school buddy that works at Hendrickmotorsports that they all share info. That"s the fact jack
Really? then why last year was Gordon,and Jimmie Johnson car fail inspections While Casey Mears and Dale JR's didn't. Each team doesn't do the same stuff, I don't care who you know. No way shape or form is Chad running around telling all the other crew cheifs what he going to do every race. Get your Facts Straight!

Really?

Are you serious?

Lighten up Francis!!

So I was at the IRL race today and my DVR died this morning, was the CUP race today pretty good?

I'm considering downloading the torrent and want to know if it will be worth watching.

The IRL race was pretty good, great crowd, wonderful weather! Scott Dixon ran away and hid with about 30 laps to go and won.

So I was at the IRL race today and my DVR died this morning, was the CUP race today pretty good?

I'm considering downloading the torrent and want to know if it will be worth watching.

The IRL race was pretty good, great crowd, wonderful weather! Scott Dixon ran away and hid with about 30 laps to go and won.

Nascar race was excellent, especially the last 100 laps.

Cookie Cutter Tracks

With all the yipping and yapping in this thread lately, I think it's time to turn the conversation to NASCAR again instead of ratings, perceived facts and driver haters.

I have a a couple questions that I'd like to throw out for consideration:

First up:

With Pocono this weekend and it's unusual configuration I'd like to discuss:

"Cookie Cutter" Tracks

Why is it that lately people are complaining about the 1.5 mile tracks?

Looking back at the history of the current cup tracks, Prior to 1990 there were only two 1.5 mile tracks (Atlanta and Charlotte) and one 2 mile track (Michigan).

Atlanta and Charlotte produced some of the best racing on the schedule. (and still do) So it would seem that track builders looked at that and said let's get the same racing here. Obviously with mixed results.

Just some facts to put all of the tracks in perspective:

Tracks under one mile: Bristol, Martinsville and Richmond (6 races)
1 to 1.499 miles: Dover, Phoenix, New Hampshire, Darling ton (7 races)
1.5 to 2 miles: Atlanta, Lowes, Texas, Chicago, Kansas, Homestead, Las Vegas, Michigan, California (14 races)
2.5 Miles: Indianapolis, Pocono (3 races)
Super Speedways: Talledega, Daytona (4 races)
Road Course: Infineon, Watkins Glen (2 races)

Personally I could do without Kansas, Chicago and California. Close Chicago and bring a cup race to the oldest continuously operated race track in the world, The Milwaukee Mile!

I want to see a race at the Kentucky Speedway. There are no race track in this whole area. The closest one is 5 hours away. This would only be 3 hours tops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)