Nascar 2009

Congratulations to Kasey Kahne, Ron Hornaday and Carl Edwards.

After spending my morning pulling wet carpeting and moving furniture and belongings out of my flooded basement we headed for the Milwaukee Mile. We didn't get to the truck race preferring to sit on the parking lot firing up the grill and and a few of Milwuakee's finest.

I have to say that was one of the best Nationwide races I've seen in along time. If Cousin Carl and Shrub weren't there it would have been even better.

There was racing all over the track, 3 wide into turns 1 and 3, side by side all round the track.

I DVR'd the race and watched it last night as I usually do this weekend every year.

And every year I wonder the same thing, What race was ESPN at?

The story was not Shrubby and Carl going from worst to first, (that's what they are expected to do) it was the Nationwide regulars and the great show THEY put on.

Normally, long green flag runs induce a NASCAR nap and it almost happened. I switching between the TV coverage and MRN's on the scanner. I had to turn off the ESPN coverage, Jerry Punch was starting to put me to sleep with his montone voice.

Eli Gold and Company were much better.

Oh and Happy Belated Fathers Day to all.

Anybody have any ideas of what's going on between Bill Weber and TNT?

NASCAR.COM - Weber will not call race for TNT at New Hampshire - Jun 28, 2009

And congrats to Joey Logano.:rolleyes: Oh well. A wins a win.:rant:

No, but just like every other broadcast of a race, you are better off listening to radio rather than listening about a cut away car or for the millionth time, tnt let me know that their pit reporters did such a great job, who cares, show the race and give some insight, people complain about Fox but TNT is just as bad if not worse.

No, but just like every other broadcast of a race, you are better off listening to radio rather than listening about a cut away car or for the millionth time, tnt let me know that their pit reporters did such a great job, who cares, show the race and give some insight, people complain about Fox but TNT is just as bad if not worse.

Yes, TNT and Fox are hand in hand for the lead ...

As for the Cut away car, I like it, show us what they are talking about, but don't spend all day on it ...

Anybody have any ideas of what's going on between Bill Weber and TNT?

NASCAR.COM - Weber will not call race for TNT at New Hampshire - Jun 28, 2009

And congrats to Joey Logano.:rolleyes: Oh well. A wins a win.:rant:

While this is all speculation, I've heard that there was an "incident" at his hotel possibly in the lobby that "may" have involved a physical altercation.

According to the scuttlebut and an SI report from Tom Bowles, he may be gone for the rest of TNT's run also. The hot rumor is Ralph Sheheen is back in the booth this weekend at Daytona.

No great loss as far as I'm concerned.

While this is all speculation, I've heard that there was an "incident" at his hotel possibly in the lobby that "may" have involved a physical altercation.

According to the scuttlebut and an SI report from Tom Bowles, he may be gone for the rest of TNT's run also. The hot rumor is Ralph Sheheen is back in the booth this weekend at Daytona.

No great loss as far as I'm concerned.

TNT only has a week or two left anyways.

Webber is out at Daytona and Chicago. They still wont say what the 'altercation' was, but he has been let go for the rest of the year. Some of might have had to do with the ratings going up with RS in the booth. To me it seemed a lot more of 3 guys talking rather than someone trying to sound smarter than the others.

Webber is out at Daytona and Chicago. They still wont say what the 'altercation' was, but he has been let go for the rest of the year. Some of might have had to do with the ratings going up with RS in the booth. To me it seemed a lot more of 3 guys talking rather than someone trying to sound smarter than the others.

TNT 's work for the year is done after Chicago, that's why he's done for the year.

The best thing that TNT does is "Through the Field" or whatever it's called where they cover at least the teams having a good run and tell how they got there. My biggest problem with Fox is if a driver isn't leading he can't get mentioned unless his name is Tony, Jeff, or Jimmie. Now you can add Kyle to the list along with the ever present Dale, no matter how he's doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts