Nascar 2009

That finish with all the cars wrecking across the finish line was great.

Anyone care to weigh in on who the Hall of Fame first five should be?
Other than the King (and probably Pearson), anyone else an absolute shoe-in for the first class?

Big Bill France
Bill Jr
The King
Dale Sr

the 5th...who knows...Hendrick or Childress maybe?

But honestly if you are going to do drivers, only the 2 above should be in the 1st class

Big Bill France
Bill Jr
The King
Dale Sr

the 5th...who knows...Hendrick or Childress maybe?

But honestly if you are going to do drivers, only the 2 above should be in the 1st class

I don't know. DW had the 3rd most wins when he retired. I think he should go in the first class.

Richard Petty 1st and Then these 4 in any order. Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Dale Sr., and Bill Elliot. I like DW too. A lot of good drivers way back when........ There is nothing stock in these cars anymore. Because of that I would like to see a lot of the restrictions of today rescinded. Keep the body shape regulations but no restricter plates. Bigger tires would be a must. Then lets go racing. I still I enjoy the races though. I was glad to see Tony win. Anyone but a Busch boy...........:D

Richard Petty 1st and Then these 4 in any order. Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, Dale Sr., and Bill Elliot. I like DW too. A lot of good drivers way back when........ There is nothing stock in these cars anymore. Because of that I would like to see a lot of the restrictions of today rescinded. Keep the body shape regulations but no restricter plates. Bigger tires would be a must. Then lets go racing. I still I enjoy the races though. I was glad to see Tony win. Anyone but a Busch boy...........:D

I'm of the opinion that the first class should be the 5 that shaped and/or nutured NASCAR to the point it is today.

I'm with Iceberg on the Frances, The King and Sr, after that, How about Junior Johnson he was a driver and an owner and a big part of the NASCAR legacy.

There hasn't been anything Stock about these cars since the early 80's. I agree about the bigger tires after all in simple terms, bigger car, bigger tires makes sense.

I don't like RP's, but taking them off isn't the answer. I don't know what the answer is, and I can't pretend to argue the virtues of any of the other ideas but, 43 cars approaching 220+ mph going into turn 1 at `dega can't be good.

Yop guys don't suppose KB was a little stiff on Sunday do ya?

Who know's, he's not talking again.

I'm not a Kyle basher or hater, I think it's fun watching him tear it up, but it sure would be nice to hear SOMETHING from him other than no comment.

I wouldn't even care if he said it wasn't my fault. At least it's something.

Even though he's young, he had to feel that on Sunday. After Kahne hit him from behind, he took another shot on the driver's side, the thing that it seems they most fear. He was pretty hot so I'm sure he didn't feel it until a little later.

The way it looked to me was Tony was already there when Kyle moved to block him and Kyle initiated the contact. It might look different to a Kyle fan. I'm not a hater, I kinda like that he's outspoken. I understand the need for good corporate image and all that but these guys each have their own character, and some of them are characters. They shouldn't try to make them all the same.

I don't like Kyle or Tony, but Kyle did try to cut Tony off after Tony was already out there so it was nobodys fault but Kyle's that he ended up in the wall.

Who know's, he's not talking again.

I'm not a Kyle basher or hater, I think it's fun watching him tear it up, but it sure would be nice to hear SOMETHING from him other than no comment.

I wouldn't even care if he said it wasn't my fault. At least it's something.

Oh , he'll say plenty if Dale Jr. wrecks someone, but he'll run and hide when things don't go his way ....

BTW, I don't hear Jr. chiming in on his opinion of Kyle wreck.

Jimbo

I missed the end of the race, will it be re shown anywhere ?
Speed use to re air them, but I could not find anywhere.

edit:
I found the race , it's being re-shown for anyone that's wanting to see it again today at Noon on Speed

Last edited:
Even though he's young, he had to feel that on Sunday. After Kahne hit him from behind, he took another shot on the driver's side, the thing that it seems they most fear. He was pretty hot so I'm sure he didn't feel it until a little later.

The way it looked to me was Tony was already there when Kyle moved to block him and Kyle initiated the contact. It might look different to a Kyle fan. I'm not a hater, I kinda like that he's outspoken. I understand the need for good corporate image and all that but these guys each have their own character, and some of them are characters. They shouldn't try to make them all the same.

I'm not advocating "Stepford" drivers, but really, We're probably not going to hear anything from Kyle until Friday again, and then it will be nothing, it was racing, Denny didn't help him stay in front or it was Jr's fault. :eek:

While corporate image does play into this, I'm sure Mars and Interstate are looking at how to handle this "situation" with Kyle, it's not the first time his sponsor has had a "sit down" with him, I think it's more about the fans.

Whether he likes it or not HIS fans and detractors want to hear from him. Is he really OK? It's one thing to hear that from the team it's another to hear it from him.

Not commenting in the heat of the moment is fine, I get it, but how about a statement or interview the next day? That way the press and fans are off of him and moving on to the next race.

First of all I want to say unequivocally, KB screwed up. He tried to block when he wasn't clear. Just like Carl at Dega.
Next, good for him keeping his mouth shut. Needs to happen more often.
And finally...
I'm sure Mars and Interstate are looking at how to handle this "situation" with Kyle, it's not the first time his sponsor has had a "sit down" with him
You must be kidding. Those guys are thrilled with their sponsorship because he gets TONS of air time. Every sponsor in NASCAR would kill to get that kind of time.
They may want to have a sit down for a DWI arrest or indecency with a minor, but not because of KBs mouth.

First of all I want to say unequivocally, KB screwed up. He tried to block when he wasn't clear. Just like Carl at Dega.
Next, good for him keeping his mouth shut. Needs to happen more often.
And finally...

You must be kidding. Those guys are thrilled with their sponsorship because he gets TONS of air time. Every sponsor in NASCAR would kill to get that kind of time.
They may want to have a sit down for a DWI arrest or indecency with a minor, but not because of KBs mouth.

Actually, If you look in the past, sponsors have had meetings with their drivers regarding "questionable" behavior.

The one that sticks out the most is Tony Stewart and Home Depot.

After several outbursts and a few "run ins" with the press, fellow drivers and fans, after a well publicized team meeting that Zippy called, Home Depot and Gibbs delivered an ultimatum to Stewart. Go to Anger management or HD pulls out and Gibbs may drop him. IIRC that was 2004.

There comes a time when the sponsor and the team aren't thrilled with the type of publicity the team and sponsor are getting. (see above)

I believe teams and sponsors learned something from the Stewart saga, and if KB's sponsors and team aren't careful they may find themselves in a similar position with their driver.

While NASCAR fans may not account for a major portion of a sponsors retail sales Many many NASCAR fans are extremely brand loyal.

They may stop buying Interstate batteries and go to Sears and buy a Diehard, instead of buying a Mars candy bar there's always Nestle's.

Actually, If you look in the past, sponsors have had meetings with their drivers regarding "questionable" behavior.

The one that sticks out the most is Tony Stewart and Home Depot.

After several outbursts and a few "run ins" with the press, fellow drivers and fans, after a well publicized team meeting that Zippy called, Home Depot and Gibbs delivered an ultimatum to Stewart. Go to Anger management or HD pulls out and Gibbs may drop him. IIRC that was 2004.

There comes a time when the sponsor and the team aren't thrilled with the type of publicity the team and sponsor are getting. (see above)

I believe teams and sponsors learned something from the Stewart saga, and if KB's sponsors and team aren't careful they may find themselves in a similar position with their driver.

While NASCAR fans may not account for a major portion of a sponsors retail sales Many many NASCAR fans are extremely brand loyal.

They may stop buying Interstate batteries and go to Sears and buy a Diehard, instead of buying a Mars candy bar there's always Nestle's.

I remember the Tony / HD situation .
Joe Gibbs had a lot to do with fixing that too.

I have a feeling Joe will have to step in with Kyle soon too, if he hasn't already.

I really like Joe Gibbs, it's a shame he had to leave the US and go with Toyota, He lost Tony Stewart over it, I wonder if he'll lose more or be coming back if things don't go as planned with Toy

After Saturday's race, the police considered charging Tony with assault and interstate batteries.

P.S. Don't forget that, unlike Home Depot, IB and M&MM knew the commodity they were buying into....

You seriously think that Home Depot didn't know what they were getting into when they signed Tony ?
I think HD is the original sponsor for Tony when he came over to NASCAR.

I still think of Tony being a Home Depot guy :)

I eat Nestle's and would consider Diehard batteries ....
WhenI think of Interstate batteries, I think of Bobby LaBonte, and YES I would buy IB if Bobby was still there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)