Nascar 2009

Like I have said before this is up to interpretation. Having a race come down to the final lap or two means that I am on the edge of my seat sweating it out. This was not the case during this race. It was pretty much a forgone conclusion to me that Johnson had won it well before then. Others thought the exact same thing so this one will could be debated forever as there is no clear cut answer.

That's fair to say. No, they weren't banging door to door for the win like Kurt Busch and Ricky Craven did Darlington a few years ago. And yes, around the halfway point after the race had settled in and the structure was pretty much played out, Johnson knew were he needed to stay to be safe, and he did just that. Mathematically though.....It could have happened.

Actually you did both but that is OK as we are all adults here. At least I think we are. ;)

Not sure other than you who your talking about. Yes we are adults, I hope you accept my appology for beeing an A$$ towards you.

Not sure other than you who your talking about. Yes we are adults, I hope you accept my appology for beeing an A$$ towards you.

Sorry my both was directed at the lashing out and ripping. I did not mean to say or imply that you did it toward others. Sorry about that.

And the answer to the last part is yes. We are all adults and it is understandable when you get a little heated over something that is so important to you. I could have just stopped and walked right away but I wanted to have you understand where i was coming from on some of my thoughts.

Sorry my both was directed at the lashing out and ripping. I did not mean to say or imply that you did it toward others. Sorry about that.

And the answer to the last part is yes. We are all adults and it is understandable when you get a little heated over something that is so important to you. I could have just stopped and walked right away but I wanted to have you understand where i was coming from on some of my thoughts.

No problem. I think we both have a better understanding of where we are coming from. I'm glad we were able to pan this out as adults.........even though I'm right and you are wrong. Ok there Mr. poopy pants!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:p

Enjoy the race Sunday. We'll get back together later and swap thoughts on that one. Have a good one.:up

You guys can't make up. Come on fight!!!!!

You are both wrong. :D

Curious, what were the numbers before last year ?
Jimbo
The comparison was made in 8/07

In 94 Cup Series starts since 2005:
Wins: Busch, 4; Earnhardt, 2
Runner-up: Busch, 8; Earnhardt, 2
Top-5s: Busch, 24; Earnhardt, 21
Top-10s: Busch, 43; Earnhardt, 38

Source:
NASCAR.COM - Head2Head: Which team signed the better driver? - Aug 15, 2007

I don't fault Hendrick for trading as it was a great marketing move that will make him tons of money. For pure race winning, Busch was a better choice. I don't think the chemistry was right and both of them knew it.
I'm not excusing the brashness of Busch....but how well did you negotiate the world at 21?
I didn't do much better.

-

The comparison was made in 8/07

In 94 Cup Series starts since 2005:
Wins: Busch, 4; Earnhardt, 2
Runner-up: Busch, 8; Earnhardt, 2
Top-5s: Busch, 24; Earnhardt, 21
Top-10s: Busch, 43; Earnhardt, 38

Source:
NASCAR.COM - Head2Head: Which team signed the better driver? - Aug 15, 2007

I don't fault Hendrick for trading as it was a great marketing move that will make him tons of money. For pure race winning, Busch was a better choice. I don't think the chemistry was right and both of them knew it.
I'm not excusing the brashness of Busch....but how well did you negotiate the world at 21?
I didn't do much better.

-

At the time I felt that Hendrick should have kept Busch and let Mears go ( I think it was Mears) ... I could see Busch had talent.
The the story about how poorly the communication between Busch and the rest was.
I was ok with him till he put Jr. into the wall on the last few laps of what would have been a big win for him last year.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)