Nascar 2009

Wish NASCAR web page was better laid out ....

Finding the Starting Line up needs to be in an obvious place week to week.
If you have to look for it, many won't bother.

Also it would be nice if you could find out the actual time of the race each week, when looking at the guide on the TV, Fox always adds thier pre race show into the time slot, so your stuck recording the pre race stuff as well.

Can't wait till FOX is done with NASCAR for the year.

Remember, it appears that Hot Pass is on D* for free ....
I keep forgetting till later ....

Race line up :
NASCAR.COM

Jimbo

I know what you mean about the page lay out. It can be difficult to find things at times. As far as the actual green flag time, I usually add at least an hour to what ever the broadcast start time shows.

Good luck finding Power Rankings if you miss it!

Darn, KB had to win the Truck race without 2nd or 3rd gear. Poor kid.....:D

KB, Carl, Denny, 123 at Hotlanta.

Sorry, but I don't count wins outside of the Big Boy division, if ya gotta drop down two levels to make yourself look good ;):D

Jimbo

OK, I'm really trying to watch the nascar race, and I decided to try the Hotpass thing, I don't see the fascination with it, I'd rather watch the full screen instead of two little screens.

Plus the drivers keep drowning out the announcers. I'm not a big nascar fan, I don't even know who the drivers are except for maybe three.

OK, I'm really trying to watch the nascar race, and I decided to try the Hotpass thing, I don't see the fascination with it, I'd rather watch the full screen instead of two little screens.

Plus the drivers keep drowning out the announcers. I'm not a big nascar fan, I don't even know who the drivers are except for maybe three.
NASCAR doesn't work if you don't have a driver. Pick someone to love and you'll eventually get someone to hate. Like the NFL, if you don't have a dog in the fight, it's only mildly interesting.

Congrats to Kurt.

NASCAR doesn't work if you don't have a driver. Pick someone to love and you'll eventually get someone to hate. Like the NFL, if you don't have a dog in the fight, it's only mildly interesting.

Congrats to Kurt.

I agree 100 %, if you don't have a driver to like, it does seem not as interesting ...

Jimbo

How far down in the standing was Kyle Busch coming in ?
He finished 18th today, (2 laps down) which for him is so so, not very good and he managed to pick UP 12 spots in the standing s?
Up to 6th, while having finished 18th ?

Jr. had a so so day, finished 11th and only picked up 6 spots (29th) ...

That seems confusing, I thought that Kyle was in the top 15 at the start of the race, but I guess not.

Congrats to Kurt.

I agree 100 %, if you don't have a driver to like, it does seem not as interesting ...

Jimbo

Well I like Tony Stewart, but he wasn't on HP. I don't now the guys name, but the one that drove the M&M car last year seems like an ass.

Well I like Tony Stewart, but he wasn't on HP. I don't now the guys name, but the one that drove the M&M car last year seems like an ass.

Kyle Busch drove that car last year too.

That would be Kyle Busch, he drives the 18 M&M's Toy.

Yes, he does seem very arrogant to me, like he expects stuff to be handed to him.
Most of the guys have to work thier a**es off to get there.

Gotta go with Jr. like I did his Dad... a friend went with Bill Elliot for years... when he(Bill) switched from a Coor's sponsored car to Bud, my friend switched Beers :D
I understand. I switched breakfast food from Frosted Flakes to chocolate.:D

How far down in the standing was Kyle Busch coming in .
KB was 39th after Daytona, 18th after California, 6th after Vegas, and dropped one to 7th after Atlanta.

Yes, he does seem very arrogant to me, like he expects stuff to be handed to him.
Most of the guys have to work thier a**es off to get there.
If you're good enough, you get recognized early. Unfortunately, you get to grow up in front of everybody. You have to admit, he is more mature now than two years ago.:yikes

Kyle does seem a little more mature this year, but it is early.:)

I always thought Kurt was OK, too. I even liked him better before Penske sent him to charm school and fixed his ears. I thought that whole "DUI" thing in Arizona was always a bunch of crap especially since he wasn't drinking. It's too bad he parted ways with Roush like that.

Kyle does seem a little more mature this year, but it is early.:)

I always thought Kurt was OK, too. I even liked him better before Penske sent him to charm school and fixed his ears. I thought that whole "DUI" thing in Arizona was always a bunch of crap especially since he wasn't drinking. It's too bad he parted ways with Roush like that.

Kurt showed his butt more than just the Phoenix episode. Jack Roush and Geoff Smith were more than ready for him to go away. That was obvious when they sat him out after the Phoenix thing. I have never been a fan of the Busch boys. I must admit I am beginning to warm up to Kyle. He has matured a bunch during the off seasone. Have to admit, the kid can wheel a car/truck. Kurt............ a backwards victory lap?????????????? First the snow angel at Bristol, and where was it he tried it in the grass? Can't remember, now this. I wish Jimmy Spensor would punch him again.:rolleyes:

The snow angel was lame, I agree with that. The victory lap in reverse was kinda cool. People didn't like Kulwicki's "Polish victory lap" at first either. What can you do to celebrate? Not everybody can do a backflip.

It was pretty obvious they were ready for Kurt to leave Roush. I never figured out if it was because they were just tired of him or were upset that he signed with Penske. He did win Roush his second championship so I never could tell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)