NASCAR 2010 Season

Kasey is going to drive the #5 starting in 2012

What happens next year we dont know yet

Then that clears it up .....

Mark will drive for Hendricks next year.
At least thats what his contract would say .... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking he signed THRU 2011 when he signed with Hendricks, or was it one year contracts, but I can't believe that Hendrick would NOT want him.

Btw, how long is Jr's contract for ?
Will HE be leaving Hendricks soon, not HIS choice ?

Mark will drive for Hendricks next year.
At least thats what his contract would say .... :rolleyes:

I'm thinking he signed THRU 2011 when he signed with Hendricks, or was it one year contracts, but I can't believe that Hendrick would NOT want him.
Mark's is through 2011 to drive full time

Btw, how long is Jr's contract for ?
Will HE be leaving Hendricks soon, not HIS choice ?

5 years started in 08

There ya go, WOULD Hendricks dump Jr, for KK in '12 ?

Jr. really hasn't done much, is this what Hendricks has in mind ?

sadly Jr hasnt done anything in the last few years. I agree....Hendrick didnt expect this honstly that Jr hasnt done anything.

Stewart Haas gets engines and "technical support" from Hendrick

Stewart and Gene Haas are the owners so technically its no biggie. Lots of teams get engines from other teams

Truck race postponed due to a power failure at the track....Race is at 1:30 Eastern tomorrow

They better fix the issue since the Nationwide is there tomorrow night

Cousin Carl and Keselowski came together (again) on last turn of last lap last night at the Busch race....Keso spun out and actually got hit pretty hard. Cousin Carl wins :)

I'd rather ESPN than Boggity Boggity Boogity .....

ugh! I can deal with Boggity Boggity Boogity. Fox knows how to show the race.
ESPN doesn't....and now with them not putting the races on ABC that sucks even more. Usually the chase is on ABC but nope not this year. ESPN is hoarding them to their network
TNT is "just there" for their 6 races ;)

Martin or Kahne on 2011 at Hendricks

Updated: July 23, 2010, 3:33 PM ET
Martin intends to drive 5 through 2011

* Email
* Print
* Comments51

By David Newton
ESPN.com
Archive

INDIANAPOLIS -- Mark Martin says he feels "disrespected" because of speculation that Kasey Kahne will drive the No. 5 at Hendrick Motorsports in 2011.

The 51-year-old driver insisted on Friday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway that team owner Rick Hendrick and crew chief Alan Gustafson fully support him staying in the car through the end of his contract.

"I understand it'll all come to a rest whenever they announce what Kasey is going to do [in 2011]," Martin said. "You should be focusing on that. What is Kasey going to do? Because I've told you what I'm going to do."

Martin once again was faced with questions about him fulfilling the final year of his contract in the 5 car after ESPN analyst Ray Evernham said he expected Martin to announce over the next three to four weeks that he will step aside for Kahne.

"I made myself perfectly clear over the last several weeks," Martin said. "There is no information or any change."

Kahne signed with HMS earlier this year to drive the 5 beginning in 2012, with Hendrick promising to find him a ride for next Sprint Cup season. More opportunities than he anticipated have come up, Hendrick has said, but sponsorship appears to be the biggest hang-up.

Tony Stewart has made it clear he will not expand to three teams and Red Bull Racing officials have denied reports that they will put either Martin or Kahne in a car. Another potential option is James Finch-owned Phoenix Racing. Finch is a good friend of Hendrick, although team officials recently said no discussions have taken place.

There also has been speculation that Kahne could be placed in another Chevy organization.

But as far as Martin is concerned, he's in the No. 5 for one more year.

"It's what I said all along," he said. "I feel very disrespected when the media doesn't accept that."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)