NASCAR 2010 Season

I still stick by what I said at the beginning of the chase....If he wins #5 I'm done watching NASCAR. With working the last 2 Sundays I record it and watch it later. Saturday's race I was watching hockey ;)

They should run points all season...but we know what happened when they did that last....Yep Kenseth wins the championship with 1 win all year but was consistent....So now all you have to do is "run consistent" the 1st 26 races then turn it on at the end and you can win

It would be like in baseball where after say 120 games the top 8 teams in each league qualify for the "playoffs"....their standings all get changed to the same record (and higher than the non playoff teams so they cant cross over) and maybe the division leader gets 2 extra wins or something....then play the rest and take those standings as who gets into the real playoffs...so after the last 42 games whoever finishes 1st is in the playoffs...even if at the 120 game "break" they were 15 games out behind the leaders.

NASCAR has changed a lot over the years. Not for the best in some cases. I have enjoyed a lot of races over the years though. There has been some great drivers. Like the man who drove this one. ( I am no fan of #5 either.;))

Attachments

• 100_0479.jpg
    100_0479.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 121
NASCAR has changed a lot over the years. Not for the best in some cases. I have enjoyed a lot of races over the years though. There has been some great drivers. Like the man who drove this one. ( I am no fan of #5 either.;))

Booooo!

Being a fan of Car #5 (TL) from years ago I have never been a fan of Car #3.:D

I still stick by what I said at the beginning of the chase....If he wins #5 I'm done watching NASCAR. With working the last 2 Sundays I record it and watch it later. Saturday's race I was watching hockey ;)
I bet NASCAR re-tweaks the rules again after this season. A lot of my friends have said the same thing. Except for one who's a BIG fan of 24 and 48.

no I meant the 48 winning #5

I like Mark Martin ;)

I knew the problem with Dale Jr. wasn't DEI. It wasn't Teresa Earnhardt. Now Dale Jr. looks like a fool . I've watched NASCAR for years but seeing the same person won year after year is boring. How about that Jimmie Johnson . He has the most lame NASCAR personality in the history of the sport. Has NASCAR made the sport so safe now that it's boring? Where are the crashes? Like it or not it's what the fans want to see. The most spectacular crashes are the ones the driver walks away from. They overreacted after the death of Dale Sr.

I am just bored with NASCAR all together. I rarely watch a full race now days. Ever since Terry Labonte retired and they changed what they do in the races, like the stupid lucky dog, I have had less and less interest in them.

How about that Jimmie Johnson . He has the most lame NASCAR personality in the history of the sport.
I agree. You can almost recite his post race speech verbatim before he even says it. It goes something like this (especially after this past weeks)

"Well the Lowes 48 wasnt very good but thanks to NASCAR rigging the race to allow me to get back on the lead lap by throwing mysterious cautions or having lousy cars crash causing a caution really helped me get this 3rd place finish" :rolleyes:

I agree. You can almost recite his post race speech verbatim before he even says it. It goes something like this (especially after this past weeks)

"Well the Lowes 48 wasnt very good but thanks to NASCAR rigging the race to allow me to get back on the lead lap by throwing mysterious cautions or having lousy cars crash causing a caution really helped me get this 3rd place finish" :rolleyes:

Jimmy said that ? :eek::D

So K. Kahn being dismissed from RPM last night may not be the end of trouble for the organization. Rumor has it Rousch/Fenway repoed thier Talladega cars, but then returned them. More to follow.

Arik Almirola will drive the #9 for the rest of the year (he was the guy who drove the 01 with Mark Martin when Mark "semi-retired" ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)