NASCAR 2010 Season

I tuned in late. What was going on with the 48?

from NASCAR
Lap 272 -- YELLOW FLAG NO. 5: Jimmie Johnson hits both the inside and outside walls and sustains heavy damage to the No. 48. Johnson's car was too loose to save and he's sitting on the track -- race shield up and gloves off -- waiting on the wrecker.

oh how sad.... :D:D:D

I think he was sabotaged, by his own crew !

Afterwards they talked some about it and the previous pit they pulled a Spring Rubber out of the left rear, that was the wrong move as that actually loosened up the car even more....

Can someone explain nascar safety rules please.

Its a penalty if you run over the airhose or drive off with a airgun, but you can run over your own crew member?

I guess all is right in Nascar as Jimmy was handed the win :rolleyes:

How was he handed the win? Ambrose said on inside nascar, he made the mistake. He shut the car off and could not get it restarted on the hill.

The rule is, under caution drivers must maintain a reasonable speed, not only did Ambrose not maintain a reasonable speed -- he stopped on the race track. Six cars were able to pass the No. 47 before he re-fired his engine and got going again.

He never stopped on the track. He was still slowly rolling when he restarted it

So you mean to tell me if say Junior or Hamlin did the same thing NASCAR would do the same penalty? Highly doubt it

He never stopped on the track. He was still slowly rolling when he restarted it

So you mean to tell me if say Junior or Hamlin did the same thing NASCAR would do the same penalty? Highly doubt it

No sorry Iceberg. The Inside nascar, Ambrose himself and all those "leaked" videos showed he had stopped. It was only after the race that ambrose himself believed he did not stop.

On other news. Fans wanted it. Drivers wanted it. They got it.

this is an atmosphere created by the drivers themselves, whom NASCAR effectively allowed to self-police its premier series with a flurry of policy changes in January. That was when drivers got almost everything they wanted from NASCAR, which after a series of meetings with drivers and car owners acceded to its competitors on everything from permitting unlimited bump-drafting at restrictor-plate tracks to allowing slamming and banging at other venues with virtually no consequences whatsoever. NASCAR simply got tired of hearing drivers complain, so wiped its hands and told the competitors to handle things among themselves.

Now

NASCAR used to be looking over your shoulder when you had a run-in with somebody or you took it over the line too far, and they would step in. Now it seems like you can turn a guy over on his lid and get three-week probation.

I think it's "Selective Viewing", had it been Kyle you would have heard them talking about what a great Bump and Run it was.

Do not get me started lol, this would be one major edited topic.
They play the most dirty racing but cry like the biggest baby when someone plays them back.

Late reply I know, but, bottom line is, Ambrose didn't maintain pace car "Pace", and lost his positions. Rule book fact. Other side of the coin. I believe who was running second changed the rule. Oh well. You R welcome. JJ and crew. Remember a few years back when Biffle was leading under caution at not sure what track, but was running out fuel, and was getting passed by other cars, but was still "given" the win.