Nascar 2011 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pretty excited about the new season, looking forward to tomorrows race. It is also a sign of winters end, soon. :) I look forward also to a new champion this year. The 48 struggled at times last year & imo won on luck. I believe his luck is lucked out & the JGR guys will be the cars to beat this year, they're hungry.

At least they had a real singer perform the National Anthem. Not some stupid whore who doesn’t know the words. Martina did a great job, perhaps the NFL should take notice. I didn’t realize they were going to do the silent lap 3 tribute, that right there was an amazing scene to see again. Glad Busch spun out, too bad it didn’t take him out.

I swear, Dale Jr. has the WORST luck in the world.

Running great all day, up front for awhile, working with Stewart in the top 10 and has a tire going down and has to pit and the rest is miserable.

I swear, Dale Jr. has the WORST luck in the world.

Running great all day, up front for awhile, working with Stewart in the top 10 and has a tire going down and has to pit and the rest is miserable.

His luck is in par with mine! :( Allthough its good to see a no name rookie win and become a somebody! That was freaking awesome, especially the block he put on Edwards was to die for!

I was really pulling for Bayne. Don't know much about the kid, but he gave a good prerace interview and seems really cool and I thought it would be cool to see him put the Wood Bros in Victory Lane. I was pretty shocked to see him stay in the top 10 virtually the entire race and I didn't think he'd pull it off but maybe finish a close second or third, or be leading the final lap and get hung out to dry finishing in 10th or 11th. Congratulations to that young man, nice way to celebrate his birthday weekend, second ever NASCAR race, first ever Daytona 500, what a story! Anyone know if his Wood Bros ride is permanent for the rest of the season?

I’m trying to get back into NASCAR and was rooting for Kenseth and the rest of the Rousch guys, but I think I may have just found my new #1 driver. It’s nice to have a younger driver in the sport who isn’t a total douchebag like Kyle Busch.

I was really pulling for Bayne. Don't know much about the kid, but he gave a good prerace interview and seems really cool and I thought it would be cool to see him put the Wood Bros in Victory Lane. I was pretty shocked to see him stay in the top 10 virtually the entire race and I didn't think he'd pull it off but maybe finish a close second or third, or be leading the final lap and get hung out to dry finishing in 10th or 11th. Congratulations to that young man, nice way to celebrate his birthday weekend, second ever NASCAR race, first ever Daytona 500, what a story! Anyone know if his Wood Bros ride is permanent for the rest of the season?

I’m trying to get back into NASCAR and was rooting for Kenseth and the rest of the Rousch guys, but I think I may have just found my new #1 driver. It’s nice to have a younger driver in the sport who isn’t a total douchebag like Kyle Busch.

This was his 2nd Sprint Cup race ( I believe) not his 2nd Nascar race, from the way I heard it.

I followed him during the week as he ran REAL well ALL week.

I was hoping for Earnhardt or Stewart to win, but seeing Trevor win was awesome and his FIRST comment as he crossed the finish line was GREAT ....

Are you KIDDING ME !!!!
Someone must have told him that he had WON it !

edit: The local guy just said 2nd NASCAR race as well, so I don't know, maybe it is, but I thought he ran last year in the Nationwide a bit.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
This was his 2nd Sprint Cup race ( I believe) not his 2nd Nascar race, from the way I heard it.

I followed him during the week as he ran REAL well ALL week.

I was hoping for Earnhardt or Stewart to win, but seeing Trevor win was awesome and his FIRST comment as he crossed the finish line was GREAT ....

Are you KIDDING ME !!!!
Someone must have told him that he had WON it !

edit: The local guy just said 2nd NASCAR race as well, so I don't know, maybe it is, but I thought he ran last year in the Nationwide a bit.

He ran Nationwide last year. Besides, there is no way NASCAR would have let the kid race a Sprint Cup plate race if he didn't have any previous seat time.

stimpson said:
He ran Nationwide last year. Besides, there is no way NASCAR would have let the kid race a Sprint Cup plate race if he didn't have any previous seat time.

Right,
I thought he had ran last year somewhere, I remember hearing his name ... he was talked about a lot in Speedweeks, obviously that was deserved as he did real well there as well.

My bad. All too often I forget about the Nationwide/Busch Series. Looks like Bayne will be a part-timer. :( He's set to run 17 Sprint Cup races, and will continue to race for Rousch in the Nationwide Series where he will race for points. While I was bummed to hear that, hopefully the experience in Nationwide will continue to mold him, and we does well enough in his remaining Cup races to warrant a spot in the Sprint Cup line up next year. While I would be stoked if he races for Rousch in the Cup, so long as he drives a Ford he’ll be my #1.

Well Bayne learned a valuable lesson. As quickly as good thing can come, bad things can happen as well. I felt bad for him. While I was never a Gordon fan, can’t stand him actually, congratulation to him and his first win in over 60 races. At least Busch didn’t win. None of my guys did really well, Kenseth finished 12th, and that was about it. On to Vegas!

I hate late races. I know they can't help it, but I never get to finish them before church.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts