NASCAR 2012 season

woo hoo! Dega :)
While I'm not big on the whole "pack racing" it usually makes it interesting. The truck race yesterday was pretty good

Come on NASCAR . Really? Sunday racing . Do you really think you can compete with the NFL? Saturday Night is perfect for racing in the fall.

Some tracks dont have lights....New Hampshire, Dega, Martinsville, Phoenix....I dont think Dover does either

and ESPN televises the last 1/2 of the season...doubt they'd want to pre-empt their semi cash cow (NCAA football) on Saturday nights for the races

Some tracks dont have lights....New Hampshire, Dega, Martinsville, Phoenix....I dont think Dover does either

and ESPN televises the last 1/2 of the season...doubt they'd want to pre-empt their semi cash cow (NCAA football) on Saturday nights for the races
How are the ratings when they go head to head with the NFL? Anyone know?

Haven't got to see many races this year due to my package not getting espn. Upgraded a few days ago, so I was able to watch yesterdays race. Holy cow what a race & the pile up at the end had me puckered up just watching it. Glad to see the only thing hurt was some banged up race cars & the pride of some of the drivers. It could have been worse, what a heck of a wreck @ 200 mph. Wife shouted from the adjacent room "what are you yelling at out there" I said "you have to see this, you won't believe what just happened"

That was one helluva crash!Man Tony Stewart must have nerves of steel!Dale Jr.was pale as a ghost and I don't blame him,he went on to say that if Nascar didn't change the restrictor plate racing he won't race in those anymore.I'm sure he will change his mind was just talking in the heat of the moment.Anyway,glad to see everyone come out okay.

It messed me up in fantasy though,had Stewart,Bowyer and,Mikey Waltrip plus the Biff.The first 3 were wiped out by the crash.

That was one helluva crash!Man Tony Stewart must have nerves of steel!Dale Jr.was pale as a ghost and I don't blame him,he went on to say that if Nascar didn't change the restrictor plate racing he won't race in those anymore.I'm sure he will change his mind was just talking in the heat of the moment.Anyway,glad to see everyone come out okay.

It messed me up in fantasy though,had Stewart,Bowyer and,Mikey Waltrip plus the Biff.The first 3 were wiped out by the crash.

You were doing GREAT before the wreck, Stewart and Mikey were right in the thick of things, don't remember where Biff was.

http://www.nascar.com/news/121011/dearnhardt-jr-concussion-jmenzer/index.html

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will miss the next two Sprint Cup races after suffering a concussion during last Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway.

According to a Hendrick Motorsports release, Earnhardt will not be behind the wheel of his customary No. 88 Chevrolet for both this Saturday night's Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the following week's race at Kansas Speedway. The release went on to say that Earnhardt was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon in Charlotte, and that Regan Smith will be the team's substitute driver at Charlotte and Kansas.

http://www.nascar.com/news/121011/dearnhardt-jr-concussion-jmenzer/index.html

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will miss the next two Sprint Cup races after suffering a concussion during last Sunday's race at Talladega Superspeedway.

According to a Hendrick Motorsports release, Earnhardt will not be behind the wheel of his customary No. 88 Chevrolet for both this Saturday night's Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway and the following week's race at Kansas Speedway. The release went on to say that Earnhardt was diagnosed Wednesday afternoon in Charlotte, and that Regan Smith will be the team's substitute driver at Charlotte and Kansas.

Too add some to this, it was reported that the Concussion while happened in the wreak at Dega, had been an ongoing situation from a test at Kansas.

It's amazing that you never hear about any others in NASCAR having concussions or at least testing for it, ya gotta think there have been PLENTY of them.

Kansas this weekend

in other words....make sure you're not even remotely tired.....otherwise watching this race will put you to sleep ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)