NASCAR 2016 season

Since they only have 40 spots after Daytona they only had 39 spots for like 3 races. I think California had 40 entries

There really isnt that well known "start and park" anymore

It depended on the year and race. Seems like everyone wanted to race Bristol. I don't really care about the start and parks I'm just saying I'm used to when more than 43 cars qualified for 43 spots. Pretty sad when there isn't a full cup field...at least on the high profile races. Yeah some snoozer races had lots of start and parks no question.

He said the rousch throttle system went off for some weird reason. It kills the engine if the brakes are applied enough with wide open throttle and he had to reset the ecm after then he was fine. It is meant to kill the engine for a hung throttle and is a electronic box. I'm surprised Hendrick is still using them these days...

Reactions: Mr Tony
How the hell Did Jr finish 2nd after almost blowing up on lap 1??

Guess Ill have to watch it (since I was gone)
It was a hell of a performance from Earnhardt after falling 2 laps down in the first 5 laps. (2 actually).
He was running all out the last few laps, looked like he was real loose at the end, but it was fun.
He was 4th on the last restart.

He said he was thrilled finishing 2nd (would like to have won of course).
Said it was a 10-15th place car.

I would have liked to see what would have happened if he hadn't been put down 2 laps early on.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Probably nothing... 500 laps is so long it all works out. How many times do we see cars fall to the back and come back...almost every week. Best cars almost always get back up front in cup...

It was a hell of a performance from Earnhardt after falling 2 laps down in the first 5 laps. (2 actually).
He was running all out the last few laps, looked like he was real loose at the end, but it was fun.
He was 4th on the last restart.

He said he was thrilled finishing 2nd (would like to have won of course).
Said it was a 10-15th place car.

I would have liked to see what would have happened if he hadn't been put down 2 laps early on.
I agree!
But what would have happened if he won? The fans would have gone nuts!

One other thing I noticed....the crowd

Or lack thereof

I know the day race doesnt get the fans there like the night race does....but damn it looked 1/2 empty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)