Nascar 2020

That was ugly, even for a plate track race.

I mean...this is the nose of the race winning car...of a plate race:
knu4obby2zf41.jpg

Well that was a mess of a Clash. Glad they moved it back to Sunday afternoon.
This will be the first year that I won't be setting a timer to record every race. Not impressed with the change in Championship tracks so I won't bother with that.
Superspeedway races, Bristol and Homestead and that'll be it for me.

I watch parts of races, but not the same... Caught some Nascar race on Sirius the other day from the early 90's, seemed like only yesterday ;)

Yep. The old MRN coverages on SXM, and yet more the plenty of old TV coverages on YouTube (apparently no one cares enough to copyright strike them) just serve to reinforce how far from what it should be NASCAR has become.

The Busch Clash was among the worst races ever.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
If the Clash (not Crash) is Sunday ...
When do they run for the Top spot for Daytona, it was always the Sunday before ... with the Twin 125's on Thursday ... (I know, they don't call it that any more, but it sounds Much better.)
You had that right. There were only 6 cars left running at the end.

Reactions: Jimbo
I tried to stay up and watch the races but it was too late for me to watch them all the way through after the rain delay.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Take the restrictor plates off, let the owners build their own cars from the ground up, with less regulation and then we will see a race. Today if someone, anyone pulls out of line they immediately fall back to the rear. Then with 15 or 20 laps left most everybody crashes. The new cars all look alike to me, just different paint schemes. I now generally watch the start of a race for a few laps and then come back to watch the last 30 or so. I was glued to the TV when Earnhardt Sr. was racing. Lost a lot of interest when Jr. retired.

Last edited:
Take the restrictor plates off, let the owners build their own cars from the ground up, with less regulation and then we will see a race. Today if someone, anyone pulls out of line they immediately fall back to the rear. Then with 15 or 20 laps left most everybody crashes. The new cars all look alike to me, just different paint schemes. I now generally watch the start of a race for a few laps and then come back to watch the last 30 or so. I was glued to the TV when Earnhardt Sr. was racing. Lost a lot of interest when Jr. retired.
The only two races they have are Daytona and Talladega. If they took them off someone would get killed and we'd be right back where we are today they saying they were going to fast to handle the car.

The only two races they have are Daytona and Talladega. If they took them off someone would get killed and we'd be right back where we are today they saying they were going to fast to handle the car.
I'm surprised they haven't put them on in Michigan yet.
They are easily over 200 mph on the back stretch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts