Nascar 2020

Did they ever go back and do an update on the guy that got hit in the Pits, when it happened, it looked like he got crushed ... thankfully that didn't happen as they showed him being carted off, but didn't hear anything after that.

This was the last update I saw...appears he avoided serious injury:
From Team Penske: Zach Price, rear tire changer for the No. 12 Menards/Atlas Ford Mustang, was treated and released from Methodist Hospital. He will travel back to North Carolina with the team for further evaluation.

Reactions: Jimbo
Did they ever go back and do an update on the guy that got hit in the Pits, when it happened, it looked like he got crushed ... thankfully that didn't happen as they showed him being carted off, but didn't hear anything after that.

That was very scary ...
What was awful is he seems to get lucky with the first close hit... only to be followed up with a worse contact. The most I can find is that he was released from Methodist. That guy is incredibly lucky if he walks away from this with just bruises. But they don't really say anything else about his treatment, not that it is my business and all.

As for the Red Flag, I'm sure it was because they didn't want to end the yellow while the commotion was going on and probably didn't want others flying around the Pits at the time either.
Well yeah, the reason for the red flag is obvious, it is more the insanity that a red flag came out during a yellow flag caution.

It reminded me of a similar thing back in '82 where Johncock makes a move that won him the Indy 500 at nearly the same spot on the pits. But it is under green, they are narrower cars, the pitted car is much closer to the wall, and Johncock knew how to drive. I don't think there was a speed limit yet on pit road.

When I see NASCAR "racing", for years now, it just feels like the people don't know what sized cars they are driving. Luckily Indy's turn banking prohibit three wide in the turns, so the stupid yellow, white, checker garbage wasn't inevitable.

- Flag to flag coverage was still a relatively new idea, particularly on broadcast TV, and it was still an unknown as to what the reaction to 3 to 4 hours of racing would be.
I can't say I remember seeing any NASCAR races that weren't flag to flag; mostly on broadcast TV. The races with long rain delays may have been an exception.

My interest in NASCAR waned as the cars became race cages with league-mandated sheet metal rather than something that resembled a car you could buy.

I can't say I remember seeing any NASCAR races that weren't flag to flag; mostly on broadcast TV. The races with long rain delays may have been an exception.

My interest in NASCAR waned as the cars became race cages with league-mandated sheet metal rather than something that resembled a car you could buy.
AMEN!!!:bow

Some schedule news to spice things up!

Looks like NASCAR may be announcing the next group of races through August tomorrow, with the biggest news being that apparently NY isn't going to grant a waiver to allow a race at Watkins Glen this year (boo). Interesting turn of events, though...looks like they may replace it with an extra stop in Daytona and run a race on the Daytona Road Course instead. That should be interesting change of pace. Also...they are going to turn Michigan and Dover weekends into doubleheader weekends with Saturday/Sunday races like they just did in Pocono.

IOW...I hope those areas are ready for the epic lightning and torrential flooding that is incoming.

Update...official:

1594237703942.png

They must have done away with the Wednesday races ?

Well, we still have the Bristol All-Star Race this coming Wednesday, and then Kansas on a Thursday (7/23), then after that, I guess they'll be caught up enough to be able to get the rest of the races in w/o having to do so. I've enjoyed the mid-week races, though. I hope they'll consider making occasional mid-week races a regular thing in future seasons.

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I was kind of open minded about the paint, The lights just STOP IT. What are they going to do dim the track lights, What next a night race with no track lights the drivers wear night vison goggles. :devilish

Reactions: Elsguy and DWS44
Now THAT would be cool !
Would you drive with blinders on? The typical night vision binocular set has a rather narrow field of view (due to having to supply its own light source). I'm not even big on electronic rear-view devices. Real time is awfully important at 195mph.

You might as well just put the drivers in the spotter's seats and let them run the cars remotely.

Well...those last two laps got insane. :oops: Kevin got knocked around like a damn pinball in those two laps, but after sucking hind tit all day, he held on to fourth...I'll take that @ Kentucky.

Congrats to SHR's Rookie...four wide to take his first :first

Reactions: Elsguy
Well...those last two laps got insane. :oops: Kevin got knocked around like a damn pinball in those two laps, but after sucking hind tit all day, he held on to fourth...I'll take that @ Kentucky.

Congrats to SHR's Rookie...four wide to take his first :first

Harvick could have won it has Blaney not decided to get down on the apron and wreck Harvick, not wreck, but ran into him, causing him to lose his momentum.

Reactions: Elsguy and DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)