Nascar 2020

Rough night for SHR's checkbook...they all ended up wrecked. Three of them separate, unrelated, incidents on the last lap.

At least both Buschs ended up in a heap on top of each other...that's always a highlight.

On to the playoffs...
Didn't see any replays of the last lap wrecks. Got pissed off. What happened to Harvick? Saw he finished 20th.

Didn't see any replays of the last lap wrecks. Got pissed off. What happened to Harvick? Saw he finished 20th.

Somebody hit Kevin in the right-rear quarter during the last lap craziness, then that tire blew putting him into the wall, and then he spun it trying to get to the flag on three wheels with what was left of the car. Same time Kevin hit the wall, Bowyer got shoved into the wall running in third, and further back someone else wrecked (forget who) and hit the wall right in front of Almirola, taking him out. At least Byron kept Hamlin from the win, so Kevin has full 10 playoff point lead heading to round one.

I would much rather go back to Who WINS the race is the winner, instead of the stupid STAGE racing ... I won the stage races, so that makes me better .... if you don't win the LAST stage, you didn't WIN ...
Isn't WINNING the damn RACE what counts ?

Reactions: Elsguy and SamCdbs
I know I am just venting.:)
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Elsguy
I'm going to preface this by saying sorry to Partysox...Chase got absolutely screwed over by Truex!

However...

:first :first:first:first:first:first:first:first

...and secured to Round Two! :)
Chase changed his line,
Lost a LOT of speed,
Invited Truex to attempt pass,
Truex not clear,
Ruined both their races.

Chase copped to changing lines,
Truex copped to 'I thought he would let me in'.

So many drivers have 'that feel' for Chase.
Chase 'growing a pair' this year.
Other drivers have to refigure the new Chase.

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Chase changed his line,
Lost a LOT of speed,
Invited Truex to attempt pass,
Truex not clear,
Ruined both their races.

Chase copped to changing lines,
Truex copped to 'I thought he would let me in'.

So many drivers have 'that feel' for Chase.
Chase 'growing a pair' this year.
Other drivers have to refigure the new Chase.

WHAT ???

"I THOUGHT he'd let me in ?????"

REALLY ?

Reactions: Elsguy
WHAT ???

"I THOUGHT he'd let me in ?????"

REALLY ?
Yep,
That's what he said at the postrace interview.

Seems a lot of drivers have this belief the Chase will just give up positions.
Even if it's the lead near end of race.

To be fair,
Chase had fostered this belief through his actions in previous seasons/races.

But it does appear,
This year,
Chase is changin his style.

Reactions: Jimbo and Elsguy
Auto Club Speedway, AKA Fontana will be torn down after the 21 race and replaced with a 1/2 mile oval that is more or less the front stretch connected to the pit road via two high banked turns. The remaining land will be "redeveloped" into an undefined "lifestyle center".

Auto Club Speedway, AKA Fontana will be torn down after the 21 race and replaced with a 1/2 mile oval that is more or less the front stretch connected to the pit road via two high banked turns. The remaining land will be "redeveloped" into an undefined "lifestyle center".

Crazy news, right? The new configuration is described as long straightaways like Martinsville but high-banked turns like Bristol. It's going to re-use a portion of the existing curved frontstretch from the existing oval (and existing grandstands), and then a straight backstretch following the existing pit road. Construction supposedly to begin after a final race on the two-mile oval in 2021 to be ready in the new config for 2022 season.

Here's a sketch that was released. I highlighted the track surface in blue:

1599667120982.png

...and here it is roughly superimposed on aerial of the existing layout:

1599667327590.png

1599667348680.png

Looks pretty awesome to me! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts