Nascar 2022

No. NASCAR pulls in something between a 1.5 and a 2.5 every week, leaving out the Daytona 500 which can pull in about a 4.5. Remember this is in "sports prime time", either actual prime time on a Saturday night or on Sunday afternoon.

F1 pulls in between 0.6 and 1.1. Remember that much of this is on Sunday mornings, against preachers, news talking heads, and infomercials.

While NASCAR is in a major decline, and one from which it may not survive (NASCAR has to make pretty much all its money in the USA, F1 is a European sport and what they make in the USA is really gravy) it is still way ahead of F1 in this country.

F1 has ebbed and flowed in the USA for as long as I can remember. It is currently about as good as it ever has been, but this is still niche sport level. Eventually the management does something to screw it up and it recedes.
The younger crowd loves the tech of F1. That is where the sport will thrive.

I'd rather watch F1, I think it's a more exciting product.

The younger crowd loves the tech of F1. That is where the sport will thrive.

I'd rather watch F1, I think it's a more exciting product.
F1 lacks one important thing... passing. Hands down, the best cars and drivers on the planet... but the "racing"... it is very uncompetitive when the green flag is out. Indycar does tend to stretch out too, but it isn't remotely as bad. I personally can't watch it (not having ESPN might also impact that ;)).

F1 is growing in the US, three races now, but NASCAR still has a devoted but aging fanbase.

F1 lacks one important thing... passing. Hands down, the best cars and drivers on the planet... but the "racing"... it is very uncompetitive when the green flag is out. Indycar does tend to stretch out too, but it isn't remotely as bad. I personally can't watch it (not having ESPN might also impact that ;)).

F1 is growing in the US, three races now, but NASCAR still has a devoted but aging fanbase.
NASCAR is boring until a big wreck. The cars are boring the tracks are boring. I’ll watch Daytona as there is nothing else on until spring training and college basketball heats up.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I have always watched some F1 but have flipped and now watch mostly F1 and a mix of others. I say others as I have added watching a lot I never did before.
F1 is fine as long as Hamilton doesn't get the pole. I like to see him back in the pack and work his way back up. If he gets the pole it's usually over unless he has mechanical problems. I like the times they have too when they race, just when I get up in the morning. :)

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
F1 is fine as long as Hamilton doesn't get the pole. I like to see him back in the pack and work his way back up. If he gets the pole it's usually over unless he has mechanical problems. I like the times they have too when they race, just when I get up in the morning. :)
I saw some "inverted" races where the pole is in the back slow in the front in both NASCAR and F1 I absolutely loved it! It made the racing so much fun to watch. Or when someone gets a penalty and gets kicked to the rear. So much fun!

First race/clash 2023 the LA Coliseum is empty! There are far more empty seats than filled. This is the LA Coliseum 100th anniversary and NASCAR's 75th anniversary. I was shocked to see Jimmy return.

When does the real races start ?

Daytona 500

Actually, the Thursday races before the Daytona is usually very good as well .... Use to be the Twin 125's before advertisement took over ... I know, its all over all the drivers.
Those races use to be to Race into the Daytona 500 (except for the Top 2 spots, determined the Sunday before.

No clue what they are calling it now ... is it still even On the Thursday before, or have they ruined the week before as well.

Speed Weeks use to be awesome.

Well the first race of the year was kind of disappointing, Allot of empty seats. The racing was subpar and the rap music seemed kind of out of place for me, I hope the 500 is better[ Feb 19th ].

Reactions: Elsguy
Well the first race of the year was kind of disappointing, Allot of empty seats. The racing was subpar and the rap music seemed kind of out of place for me, I hope the 500 is better[ Feb 19th ].
Pretty much anything will be better than NASCAR racing at Baby Park.

This "race" is a gimmick, or more accurately a joke as those cars aren't built for a quarter-mile track. About as ridiculous as short-track speed skating.

- Agree that we need as 23 thread. Its 23.

- This event is a gimmick. NASCAR, which is to say the insular France family, is listening to a tiny cadre of hangers on that tell them excuse after excuse for the mistakes that they made. One of these is this idea that, somehow "this modern generation" cannot be happy with a properly conducted car race. Now, maybe there a less people under 30 or whatever number you want to use, that follow motorsports than there were X years ago. But there are still plenty of people of all ages that long for the sport from the days it was properly run.

And in this country, EVERYTHING not spelled NFL, is a niche deal. Find your niche and stick to it. Downtown LA hip-hop fans ain't it.