NASCAR HotPass on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is a great idea if they do it that way.
Awhile back, I think it was TNT, ran the race straight thru with commercials in a smaller box, I thought that was a great idea, but I am sure the sponsors did not like it...

Sometime I just wish I still had my old BUD going, use to watch all sporting events commercial free, with audio and video still on.
Kinda gave you an insight about what they were going to show and talk about when they came back.

Jimbo

Actually that was on TBS, and ESPN and ABC won't be able to do the side by side screens because NASCAR said NO. It's not the broadcasters fault there's so many commercials. It's NASCAR's hungry @sses who make the broadcasters show so many commercials.

i don't think cable charged 99 dollars. and it doesn't sound like directv is offering anything too much more different than cable!

"If the driver goes out early, you could be left looking at a blank screen for the ret of the race. "

when this happened on the NASCAR In Car, they would switch to another driver.. same for one who was a few laps down.

as far as commercial free racing goes.. ESPN/ABC are taking over the 2nd half of the NASCAR season, and they already show nearly the entire races for IRL. when they cut to a "break", They have a side by side window, one with the race and the other with a commercial.

All I am saying is I would buy this in a second if D* was offering a commercial-free broadcast of the national race. If I had the ability to watch the race live without interruption (2 toddlers) than I could really get in to this in-car idea..

great, thanks NASCAR for becoming a sole sponsorship deal like the NFL. This really pisses me off! If you are going to go satellite only, then you got to give BOTH services the option to have it. now I know why NASCAR's ratings have been dropping, oh wait that was the incompent NBC annoucers and the forced commercials.

Nascar and Directv

great, thanks NASCAR for becoming a sole sponsorship deal like the NFL. This really pisses me off! If you are going to go satellite only, then you got to give BOTH services the option to have it. now I know why NASCAR's ratings have been dropping, oh wait that was the incompent NBC annoucers and the forced commercials.

Could not have said it better!!!!
B.P. is great , but fir the rest of them!!!

I raised the question to DirecTV, 'what would happen to a specific driver channel (go blank, switch to another driver, etc.) if the driver would to go out'.

I received a disturbing e-mail response indicating that no one had ever thought about this and have no idea what will happen. I was promised someone would address my question and concerns and call me later this week.

No one thought about this scenario? I want the service but $99 and a possibility of recording a blank channel scares me..

that is odd... I am guessing they will just put another driver on though like INCar did. There are usually many more cars with cameras in them than 5.

I raised the question to DirecTV, 'what would happen to a specific driver channel (go blank, switch to another driver, etc.) if the driver would to go out'.

I received a disturbing e-mail response indicating that no one had ever thought about this and have no idea what will happen. I was promised someone would address my question and concerns and call me later this week.

No one thought about this scenario? I want the service but $99 and a possibility of recording a blank channel scares me..

A representative from DirecTV was on XM144 the other day and did address this question. He did say that if a driver that they are covering falls out of the race that they will change to another driver; probably a teammate.

Also, the price is $79 right now. Presently you can't order it online. I tried. I then ordered it over the phone and it now shows on my account.

Is Toyota entering a Car in the races this year and If so what model will it be. I just got the new 2007 Avalon Limited last weekend and just love it.

My understanding is it is a "camry". I put it in quotes because you must understand that when it comes to NASCAR race cars that none of them be they Ford, Chevy, Dodge or crumray have ANY parts in or on them that come from the brand manufacturer. When NASCAR started they were real stock cars. Now they are purely custom race cars built to conform to NASCAR's rules. :)

with the early bird offer good until the end of the month (Jan.) I wish they would put together a 5 minute infomercial or something.. and loop it on channel 115 or something like that

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts