NASCAR to alter Chase

probably, not a bad idea as the top ten or 400 points behind the pre-chase leader never made sense (not the top 10). things are gearing up here as nascar's first winter test session just ended!!

Well, the reason they did the 400 points is because there had only been one person to make up 400 points in the last 10 races of the season to win the Cup in the past. I don't really like the new idea, because that means someone who is mediocre throughout the season can get on a hot streak and win it.

I do like the idea of giving more points to the winner, but 10 isn't enough I don't feel.. there is still going to be more importance to the drivers of just surviving than making a gamble to win a race.

I hate the way the chase is and the previous point system as well. They are a joke. If you want real racing make winning a race the most important thing the way it used to be. When was the last time anyone saw them advertise the purse for the winning driver or team during a broadcast? Its almost an afterthought now.

It's for sure not the same kind of racing as it used to be. You here the drivers say all the time about points racing instead of going for the win. The only thing I like about the chase is you don't have to worry about it being a one or two man show at the end. Thanks for the removal of the duplicate Ramy. Not sure what happened there.

No problem.

Yeah I definetly miss the old days and my favorite driver, Terry Labonte, hung up his steering wheel last year.

Consistancy is key on all sports. Take your favorite driver Ramy. The year Texas Terry won his championchip, I don't think he won a race that year. I'm sure he was trying his rear end off to win and not just points race.

IMO Nascar totally changed following the death of Dale Earnhardt.

I was at that race and had my scanner locked on Dale's channel for the last few laps. He was so excited saying "Mikeys gonna win, Mikeys gonna win" just seconds before he hit the wall then his crew kept yelling into the mic "just say something so we know you are ok, just say something" . It was so sad. Watching Dale wreck numerous times and the way he always reacted I knew that something was wrong. When I got home and watched it on my DVR (think it was the 7100 back then) I could see that Darrel Waltrip must have known also by the way he usually reacts because he had tears of joy for his little brother and then quickly changed to saying "OMG, I hope Dale is alright, he's gotta be ok" and couldn't really focus back on his bro winning.

DEI seemed to have just come to its peak and if not for Dales untimely death I think that it would have dominated for quite sometime, seeing Jr & Sr dueling it out in races, lil bumpin and rubbin. I think Dale tought Jr all the facets of racing by that point but I think he lost the fire that Dale had that sad February day. I think Michael would still be with DEI and be successful, his own team won't ever make it big time...just a middle of the pack racer again.

Oh what could of been....... (writing this made me a little sad) I hear those scanners in my head as clear as that day and I haven't been able to return to Daytona since (used to go to every Firecracker and 500 (amongst others). Now I only go to a race if my wife or I are near on business and we stay over the weekends ie go to Dover quite often because my wife has employees in Baltimore and I usually go along because I love the City and Annapolis. The race can get boring cuz the everyone is so strung out, difficult to see where or what lap your driver is on.
well enough rambling...subject just got me thinking and emotional

Consistancy is key on all sports. Take your favorite driver Ramy. The year Texas Terry won his championchip, I don't think he won a race that year. I'm sure he was trying his rear end off to win and not just points race.

He won 2 races but had alot of top 10's and top 5's.

I never was a Dale Sr. fan at all, but I never really hated him or definetly didn't want him to die. He helped keep the fire in the race.

Man I feel the same way... Ever since Dale passed nascar has not been the same for me... When I worked in Broadcasting and just starting out I board op'd all of those MRN broadcast... I always pulled for Dale even when I was nine years old... I had the chance to meet Dale at an open house one time and he was so happy to have all of his fans around him... It was kinda cool getting to check out his garage and meeting a lot of the crew and the highlight of the day standing in line for 4 hours just to get a hand shake from the man in black... As for the race for the chase with the numbers not as good as they once were nascar is trying to shake things up... It will be interesting to see how ABC does with the broadcast since IMO NBC was kinda lack luster when it came to covering the sport... CC

IMO Nascar totally changed following the death of Dale Earnhardt.

I was at that race and had my scanner locked on Dale's channel for the last few laps. He was so excited saying "Mikeys gonna win, Mikeys gonna win" just seconds before he hit the wall then his crew kept yelling into the mic "just say something so we know you are ok, just say something" . It was so sad. Watching Dale wreck numerous times and the way he always reacted I knew that something was wrong. When I got home and watched it on my DVR (think it was the 7100 back then) I could see that Darrel Waltrip must have known also by the way he usually reacts because he had tears of joy for his little brother and then quickly changed to saying "OMG, I hope Dale is alright, he's gotta be ok" and couldn't really focus back on his bro winning.

DEI seemed to have just come to its peak and if not for Dales untimely death I think that it would have dominated for quite sometime, seeing Jr & Sr dueling it out in races, lil bumpin and rubbin. I think Dale tought Jr all the facets of racing by that point but I think he lost the fire that Dale had that sad February day. I think Michael would still be with DEI and be successful, his own team won't ever make it big time...just a middle of the pack racer again.

Oh what could of been....... (writing this made me a little sad) I hear those scanners in my head as clear as that day and I haven't been able to return to Daytona since (used to go to every Firecracker and 500 (amongst others). Now I only go to a race if my wife or I are near on business and we stay over the weekends ie go to Dover quite often because my wife has employees in Baltimore and I usually go along because I love the City and Annapolis. The race can get boring cuz the everyone is so strung out, difficult to see where or what lap your driver is on.
well enough rambling...subject just got me thinking and emotional

Who Dat?

Michael Vick could be in trouble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)