National HD Channel Roll-Out Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just hope they do not sacrifice picture quality in some silly I have more worthless HD channels han you do competition. I mean who gives a rats behind if they get QVC in HD. If that happens this will all be for NOTHING IMO. Id rather have 50 Great HD channels than 150 channels of CRAP HDLITE..

I just hope they do not sacrifice picture quality in some silly I have more worthless HD channels han you do competition. I mean who gives a rats behind if they get QVC in HD. If that happens this will all be for NOTHING IMO. Id rather have 50 Great HD channels than 150 channels of CRAP HDLITE..

I actually completely agree with you on that. :eek:

Yeah me too. *as he looks toward the sky for the Lord to come back.*:D

I looked around to see if I was grounded in case a lightening bolt was about to strike. I am 110% behind the idea of less at full HD is better then 150 of near with tons of crap filler. :p

This is good news. I also hope we're talking about good picture quality and not 1 tiny step above SD. I've been loyal to D* for a few years now and I've been patiently waiting for this so I can't wait to see it come to fruition.

With recent discovery that DiscoveryHD Theater is now streaming at 1920x1080, this could be VERY GOOD news for the future of D* HD.

I hope it's truly 100 HD Channels not like 30 channels of NBA/NFL/NHL League Passes that are only on whenever there is a game on.

Its already started, they have upgraded to various sony hd studio cameras and canon lenses. They have a mobile hd setup.

http://televisionbroadcast.com/articles/article_1798.shtml

I'm not too concerned about what that 100 EOY HD channel offering will look like, because NO MATTER what 100 channels they are, I will only seek out the 10 or so of interest to me - and the overwhelming majority of people do exactly the same thing. I already have over 150 channels I NEVER WATCH!.

For my personal pallette, I in fact have pretty much exactly what I want.
1) HD lils
2) YES and SNY in full-time HD
3) ESPN/ESPN2

I am looking forward to getting SportsPack in HD, and full NFL-HD coverage and full MLB-HD coverage next season.

My greatest desire is higher resolution thru MPEG4 - and my HD locals as well as local-HD RSN PQ is truly execellent. If they can do that or better, I am set.

On another note, my 'insider' tellls me that we can expect some very pleasant suprises in the initital 70+ offering. There are indeed some channels that have intentionally NOT MADE ANY LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENTS YET.

He gets me pumped up - that's for sure. And I want to add again - the info he has given me to share has been RIGHT ON TARGET - I for one believe his news.

I'm old and I'm sure my eyes aren't what they used to be... But my locals on D* are undistinguishable from OTA on my 55" Sony. If the new channels come in that good, I'll be happy.

Chase Carey pretty much confirmed this post (from mid-June) today! 70+ HD channels at LAUNCH of the new programming by end of 3Q. More added as the year ends - and still aiming at 100 for end December.

Now who thinks that the competition will have any more than 50 HD channels by year end?
If you count all the HD RSN's and PPV, then yes E* will have more than 50 HD channels before year end. We haven't heard much about Comcast's or Verizon's plans for year end. The only advantage that D* will have is in the premium (mucho extra cost) sports packages. You can count on E* adding the new HD movie channels as they come online.

I hope it's truly 100 HD Channels not like 30 channels of NBA/NFL/NHL League Passes that are only on whenever there is a game on.
Then you are truly going to be disappointed by D* HDTV. D* IS counting the MLBEI, NFLST and HD RSN's as part of the 100 "National" HD channels to be offered by year end.

If you count all the HD RSN's and PPV, then yes E* will have more than 50 HD channels before year end. We haven't heard much about Comcast's or Verizon's plans for year end. The only advantage that D* will have is in the premium (mucho extra cost) sports packages. You can count on E* adding the new HD movie channels as they come online.

Oh please - they will have 100 HD channels by year end - not ONLY 50. How many times do we have to go through this?

And what channels they are, and how important they are to different people - thats 100% subjective. I for one WANT THE SPORTS CHANNELS in HD. To me they are the 2nd MOST IMPORTANT kind of channels (after HD lils).

If you don't want to count them, WHO CARES? It's only TV - buy yours from the company that suits YOU the best.

That being said, DirecTV will have 40 more HD channels than the competition at years end. As well as approx 75 markets with HD lils.

Pretty good - isn't it?

I'm old and I'm sure my eyes aren't what they used to be... But my locals on D* are undistinguishable from OTA on my 55" Sony. If the new channels come in that good, I'll be happy.

i watched the tampa bucs preseason game friday nite on my abc affiliate. the originating channel obviously is in tampa. the picture was breathtaking. i've never seen the quality from ota but the pq was amazing!

Oh please - they will have 100 HD channels by year end - .
That being said, DirecTV will have 40 more HD channels than DISH at years end. As well as apporx 75 markets with HD lils (at least double DISH).

Pretty good - isn't it?
OK lets not get to crazy here! You don't know for a fact that D* will have 100 HD channels by the end of 2007.There is no facts to support this.Thats only D* goal.This is what starts trouble with misunderstanding. THEIR GOAL FOR 100 BY THE END OF 2007. And unless they Have 65-70 local HD markets now I only heard of 1 more launch this year for locals.and I'm not on that..

Now who thinks that the competition will have any more than 50 HD channels by year end?
THIS is the quote to which I was responding. E* will have 50+ HD channels by year end.

Oh please - they will have 100 HD channels by year end - not ONLY 50. How many times do we have to go through this?

We shall see if this number is correct. The days till year end are quickly coming off the calendar.

That being said, DirecTV will have 40 more HD channels than the competition at years end. As well as approx 75 markets with HD lils.

Yes, E* does need to start putting up more HD lils. I am still waiting for mine. However, OTA is sufficing for now.

Pretty good - isn't it?

WHEN D* actually starts delivering on some of these promises, then yes D* HD customers will finally have it pretty good.

voyager - give it up already.

For the umpteenth time.

There was NO EXPECTATION that direcTv would add HD nationals until DIRECTV-10 was launched.

Guess what - DIRECTV-10 WAS launched - and will be on in a MONTH.

What happends to the NFL Pack HD channels when Febuary gets Here? What about the MLB channels in HD when Baseball is over. I'm sorry but I have to agree with many on the not counting sports packs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts